Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that it's just the opposite. When I go too long between washes, my hair is dry as a bone. (Product buildup = not much water getting to the hair shaft.)

I wash my hair about once a week. I would like to find a way to wash it every 4-5 days. But when it's not in box braids, mid-week washings are difficult to fit in.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shampoo weekly with sulfate free shampoos without dryness. I don't co-wash. I use elasta qp creme conditioning shampoo. I'm also a fan of the new creme of nature argan oil moisture and shine shampoo.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shampoo once a week and co wash the other days.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody -- might have been The Natural Haven -- did a poll recently asking how much people shampooed vs. co-washed. I think most people were like me: Shampoo regularly, co-wash occasionally.

I shampoo once a week with a shampoo that will purposely strip my hair of product because I WANT it to be completely naked and ready to receive the conditioner (and later, other products) I put on it. I alternate between Hello Hydration (sulfate) and Giovanni Deeper Moisture (sulfate-free) and my hair is JUST FINE. I might co-wash once between shampoos if I want to recover some of my coil definition but other than that...nope.

In the beginning, if you really don't know anything about natural hair care, you're going to go along with the herd...but eventually you're going to have to figure out what works best for YOU alone.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the feel, look, and smell of my hair after a fresh wash so it is pretty much a weekly shampoo for me. But I can see myself washing it two to three times a week like I did last week. I am only three months into this journey so it is all new to me. Some other naturals at work have told me that I am doing too much to my hair. But then they turn around and tell me how much my hair has grown and how nice it looks every day
    BC 03/04/2011 Not only is my HAIR free but so is my MIND.

Basal is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite interesting. I didnt know some many nappies washed with shampoo!

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl2025 View Post
    i shampoo once a week and cowash 3-5 days the rest of the week, whenever i get to it. the main reasons i wash so frequently is because i'm doing crazy workouts and also because i like having sweet smelling hair.

no issues with dryness but i also use non sulfate shampoos. i use oyin honey wash
    ^^ I started doing 5:30am cardio at the track everyday and the humidity is ridiculous by 6:30am The cardio im doing isn't even the hardcore stuff like what your probably talking about and I'm sweating like crazy afterwards so I should probably start doing daily rinses or something.
    Also I've been wanting to try oyin products. Do they only sell online?

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    Somebody -- might have been The Natural Haven -- did a poll recently asking how much people shampooed vs. co-washed. I think most people were like me: Shampoo regularly, co-wash occasionally.

I shampoo once a week with a shampoo that will purposely strip my hair of product because I WANT it to be completely naked and ready to receive the conditioner (and later, other products) I put on it. I alternate between Hello Hydration (sulfate) and Giovanni Deeper Moisture (sulfate-free) and my hair is JUST FINE. I might co-wash once between shampoos if I want to recover some of my coil definition but other than that...nope.

In the beginning, if you really don't know anything about natural hair care, you're going to go along with the herd...but eventually you're going to have to figure out what works best for YOU alone.
    ^^The bolded makes so much sense lol.
    And yea youre right it is easy to get caught up in what the mass is doing. I suppose ultimately its a game of trial and error.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shampoo at least once a week with Kinky Curly poo and twist with KC Knot Today. I work out daily so co washing in between shampooing is a must.
    "I am not tragically colored." ~Zora Neale Hurston

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair likes Shampoo. I love Sheamoisture and Organic Root Stimulator. I shampoo whenever my hair feels dirty. I only cowash when I work out and dont feel like shampooing or when I run out of shampoo. I like sulfate and sulfate free shampoos, never had any problems with my hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to shampoo my hair every two to three weeks, but as I learn more about my hair, I realized that my scalp and my hair can't deal with waiting that long for a wash. Now I shampoo every week with shampoo bars. My hair is grateful for it.
    BC: Nov. 29, 2007
    Locs: Dec. 07, 2011
    BC #2: July 11, 2018

Member since November 2007

winnie is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)