Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I joined WW online a few months when they had a special three month deal but I fell off the wagon by not updating my profile. Maybe I should start again this year...sigh.
    However I find that my new resolve since Jan 1st, to only shop for food I intend to eat that week, if I buy takeout let it last more than one day, exercise and taking spirulina which seems to cut my appetite is working lol
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay!! I'm not alone #MJJ...
    Well I had my weigh in today and lost 2.6 lbs! I'm excited. I hope yall stay on it...I have Google+ circle going w/another friend (she started it actually) for support...if you are still going to keep w/it PM me and I'll add you

Good luck ladies!

YQ

Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weighed in yesterday and was down 3 lbs! I was shocked because I've never registered a loss during my cycle. I've lost 54 lbs in total. Guess the jumping jacks in between commercials helped LOL...

CONGRATS YQ!!!!
    DNA's double helix design - ingenious.
    A spring coil's power & momentum - amazing.
    The gift of nappy hair.....see a pattern emerging? :-)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAY bebedee! And TY!

I need to find some in between show activities to do...i think i'll revert to some of my old funkaerobic moves while watching hoarders

And I have a question: do you find that those power food curb your appetite? I have this thing where i eat right and am full but not satisfied...like how you want a certain something but what you ate wasn't it...hmmm i wonder if that's a mental yeah this is good but i really want a #1 w/ a coke mentality lol
    YQ
    Last edited by YorubaQueen; 01-12-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: forgot to ask a question

Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power Foods Rock!

Ruby Red grapefruit has been great for me. I peel & eat the grapefruit so by the time I've gotten rid of the peel and pith to get to the pulp, I feel like I've done a lot of work LOL. Apples & bananas are always in the house. I can quickly grab a fruit, coffee & bagel thin or fiber bar and run out the door, or slice up an apple and banana for a nice filling bowl of oatmeal. Baby carrots and grape tomatoes are other quick items.

Plain nonfat Greek yogurt is a great sour cream alternative and its a power food.

Have you tried the WW Smoked String Cheese? Yum!

LOL on the #1 w/Coke! It is a mindset thing, you're right. So make your own #1 with a light whole grain bun, a beef or turkey patty, tomato, lettuce, onion, 2% cheese slice, BBQ sauce & mustard, some baked fries and a Diet Dr Pepper. Or do your homemade #1 with some OreIda fries and use weekly points. Once you look at how many points a #1 is in the food tracker, you realize its not really worth it. You can do it!
    Last edited by bebedee; 01-12-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bebedee View Post
    Power Foods Rock! No you rock...thanks for this!

Ruby Red grapefruit has been great for me. I peel & eat the grapefruit so by the time I've gotten rid of the peel and pith to get to the pulp, I feel like I've done a lot of work LOL. Apples & bananas are always in the house. I can quickly grab a fruit, coffee & bagel thin or fiber bar and run out the door, or slice up an apple and banana for a nice filling bowl of oatmeal. Baby carrots and grape tomatoes are other quick items. I usually have plenty of fruit in the house and veggies...and try to pack my lunch and snacks so i can be prepared...it's the night that gets me sometimes lol. But I forgot about the grapefruit...my daddy used to drink the 100% juice ALL the time and it would curb his appetite...I'll have to get back into the grapefruits (with a touch of sugar...i like my sweets)

Plain nonfat Greek yogurt is a great sour cream alternative and its a power food. I'll have to get that for the house. I LOVE sour cream in mashed potatoes and on baked potatoes...I'll have to make that change.

Have you tried the WW Smoked String Cheese? Yum! NO and I need to because I.LOVE.STRING.CHEESE.

LOL on the #1 w/Coke! It is a mindset thing, you're right. So make your own #1 with a light whole grain bun, a beef or turkey patty, tomato, lettuce, onion, 2% cheese slice, BBQ sauce & mustard, some baked fries and a Diet Dr Pepper. Or do your homemade #1 with some OreIda fries and use weekly points. Once you look at how many points a #1 is in the food tracker, you realize its not really worth it. You can do it! I'll have to try this recipe out...and I love some ground turkey.
    Thanks for the tips!
    YQ

Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the night gets to me sometimes too. Do you like hot herbal tea? I'll sometimes treat myself to a couple of Girl Scout cookies and a mug of tea. Now, I'm happy with just a couple...I've come a long way from scarfing down a row or 2 of cookies! The warm tea makes me feel full, or at least that's what I tell myself. :-D

Sometimes when I want something sweet, I'll measure out a cup of a sweet cereal like Honey Smacks, or grab a pudding or jello cup with fruit and a little light whipped cream.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love tea...but my problem is I love sweet...so if i drink tea no cookies for me because its gonna be a lot of honey in it...and those pts add up. I need to find alternate sweets in the house...i keep pudding cups and fruit cups and jello cups (three year old) in the house but sometimes I just don't want them. BUt i should get on top of the pudding cupsbecause i can have a sweet and a dairy...but yogurt is good too (I LOVE my activia).

I'm going to have to do the tea more often...because even when i drink water i feel full...im just not satisfied...i don't know. Maybe I need to go to a meeting to figure out how to get rid of the unsatisfied feeling/cravings.

YQ

Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can drink tea without it being sweetened, but I definitely feel you on sweet hot tea. Sometimes I put liquid stevia in my hot tea & lemon which is zero Points+, but nothing beats good old-fashioned honey & lemon. If I have honeyed tea, I might have a Graham cracker, but you're right, no cookies!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today was my first official day back on WWPP. I ate within my points allowance but I didn't eat filling foods. I am starving! Eating those power foods is essential to not falling off the wagon.
    Last relaxer: January 22, 2009 ~~ BC'd May 9-10,2009
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. ~Confucius

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast