Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Toriq,

I've found that it takes not only deep thinking about what you're trying to attract but evaluating the way you think about yourself in relation to what you want. You want to work in a lab, but do you feel like you're smart enough to actually carry out important research? You want to be a musician, but are you worried about other people being more talented than you, thereby making your talents useless/negligible? You want to go to Africa, but do you feel like you'll really make a difference?

I use the first 2 examples b/c I've played piano for most of my life and have been working in a chemistry/biotechnology lab for a few months (but I'm a biology major who is not so great at math) and have battled with these insecurities; not sure if you have!

Meditating on what you want to attract is important, but you have to feel capable and deserving or your dreams will remain as such...just dreams!

Your board is super cool, btw.
    Last edited by determined0711; 07-17-2011 at 04:36 PM.

2. Thanks luvfaithfully thanked for this post
    Likes luvfaithfully liked this post
    toriq is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Woman YES that's completely my problem!! Wow those questions sounds worse out of my head and reading it out loud. i guess that's another part of LOA i never thought of focusing on; capability. Because the truth is i doubt that capability. (Isn't focusing on capability focusing on the "hows" though?) Either way i will focus on feelings of capability. It will be hard because all the times i thought i was capable of doing the things i aimed for and all the times people told me to "think positive", pretty much failed in the outcome. (So that i got a tinge of bitterness when it comes to thinking like that). But it's worth a shot. i'll map it out in my mind.
    reflect...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently bought a book called: Awaken the Genius: Mind Technology for the 21st Century by Patrick K. Porte. It has helped me tremendously with LOA and remaining positive. It helps me to visualize everything that I truly want and at the same time believe I am capable of becoming good at it. Even if I do not have the skills now, I know that I will be able to meet the people I need to meet who will help me develop those skills.

I was having a hard time choosing between becoming a practitioner or researcher. In my case, I wanted so many things (careerwise) and can see my self doing everything it actually keeps me at a standstill. After reading this book it helped me to think back about what signs I have been given on choosing a path. I then looked backed and thought about the people who have entered my life, all of them were researchers oddly enough. I met them randomly, through jobs that had absolutely nothing to do with science. It is kind of like life is pushing me in a certain direction, and everytime I tried to go against what it wanted things did not work out the way I wanted.

In regards to Toriq, have faith that God (or whoever you believe in) will send the right people and "tools" in your direction. I know it is hard to not worry about the hows, but if you have faith and truly believe that music and/or research is for you then God will lay the path for you sista.

5. Likes luvfaithfully liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I filled out an application yesterday for a Lab position and I got a voice mail the next day about the lady wanting to ask me a couple of questions. I called she wasnt in her office so I left her a message. now Im waiting for her to call me back! (hopefully Ill get an interview and eventually the job!!!)

I pray that I get this, I want this sooooo bad!!!

7. Likes luvfaithfully liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toriq View Post
    ^^Woman YES that's completely my problem!! Wow those questions sounds worse out of my head and reading it out loud. i guess that's another part of LOA i never thought of focusing on; capability. Because the truth is i doubt that capability. (Isn't focusing on capability focusing on the "hows" though?) Either way i will focus on feelings of capability. It will be hard because all the times i thought i was capable of doing the things i aimed for and all the times people told me to "think positive", pretty much failed in the outcome. (So that i got a tinge of bitterness when it comes to thinking like that). But it's worth a shot. i'll map it out in my mind.
    It's definitely worth the shot!!! Keep focus and keep us updated...

and I'm lovin all these scientists and musicians in the LOA threads

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP!

I bought a pack of 4 cork boards from Rite Aid and I used some 3m command strips to post them on my wall. I have been putting together four vision boards by using push pins to post all of the cut outs I have been saving over the years and making some pretty awesome vision boards on the cork boards. This way, if anything changes or I want to add anything, all I have to do is remove the push pin and add something else.

They are all mounted on the wall in front of my desk so as I am studying and preparing to go back to school, they are there to inspire me. I also added a picture of the town where I hope to be admitted to school :-)

I have also been working on cleaning up my apartment. All of these months I had been using my desk that I bought for studying for storage. I completely cleared it out, set up pens, highlighter, markers, notebook paper, a timer, and a lamp and bought some study manuals. Last night I was so focused that I studied for 3 hrs straight even though I have been struggling to even crack open the books for YEARS! Cleaning really helped me align with my intention. I am trying to show the universe that I am appreciative of what I already have and making room for my new blessings to arrive. I'm loving it and will commence with my second round of cleaning today!

I woke up this morning with so much gratitude for God and the Universe for allowing me to have so many choices and options!

How is everyone else doing on their LOA journey? Happy Sunday!

10. Likes luvfaithfully liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing detshorty05!!! I'm glad the tools you're using is working for you!!!

Me? I'm still doing well! Started my business, and now I'm pushing myself to accept the opportunities that are in front of me. I've had to distance myself from certain people and really focus my energy on advancing myself. I'll post more detail later, I just wanted to BUMP this thread!

12. Likes luvfaithfully liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump! Hello! Anyone still doing this?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look into and manifest on a daily basis.

15. Likes luvfaithfully liked this post
    toriq is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirah Nirvana View Post
    Bump! Hello! Anyone still doing this?
    Girl yes and no. i say that because i realize i put intentions out there in summer that i didn't continually affirm, yet things happened. i got into tutoring via my lil cuzzo and his friend. i see i have a LOT of challenges as a communicator and teacher to work on, but at least i started. My singing voice still needs LOTS of work, but i still am surprised at how much BETTER my singing voice is. i mean i aint no Whitney, and i still have to work on upper octaves, but just shocked at how much easier vibrato and runs come! BUT this is the FIRST time in my life that i've had such a looooong break from creating. Music or poetry. i just have not picked up the keyboard in months and i don't understand why this whole year i've been like this. And the exercise and search for lab positions and experience i haven't affirmed. But this full moon is another reminder i guess! More specifically, in terms of work, there was one position i applied for (and still have to follow up with) that is similar to what i do currently, but nothing to do with lab work, so my affirmations are a bit misguided and i have to stay focused.

STAY FOCUSED TORIQ! *slaps self*
    RECURRING positive affirmations!
    Last edited by toriq; 11-12-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    reflect...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast