Onnica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ChaCha. Yes. Go for it.I think folks would go for it. There has been an increase in urban gardening over the last few years. It's healthier and less expensive. Not to mention the exercise and relaxation gardening provides. Out there communing with nature is a beautiful idea to share and teach to others. Keep us posted. Peace and Blessings.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Me and my sister's Pot Party

Me and my sister having our Pot Party, lol. Started last weekend. She has NEVER potted plants before. I convinced her it would be cheaper to do so instead of buying premade hanging planters. For $30 she got enough planting material for two pots whereas the stores were charging $30 for ONE. She's so excited that she and I went out flower shopping again this weekend. I as usual go crazy but then again, I'm trying to fill about 10 - 15 pots. She probably has enough for two more pots. But I got her an ornamental plant holder, hanging thingy. She took this pic and I thought I'd share. She's going to come over sometime tomorrow to do her other pot. I'm so excited for her too. The older we get, the more we love to hang out with each other and do things. Seems like we're coming full circle. We were pretty inseparable as kids, then not so much when we went off to separate universities. Not so much after I moved to Ohio and then not so much when her daughter required so much of her attention. But now that she's off to college and doing her own thing, me and my sis have rediscovered how much we love each other's company. Makes me so happy.

Ah, here are the gardening pics...
    Name:  renesnewplanterwithplant_zpseaf829f9.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  12.4 KB

Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

3. Thanks chachadiva, OHR thanked for this post
    Likes chachadiva, OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Storms rolling through, EVERYTHING in the yard has been destroyed

Yesterday they started predicting that we were in for our second round of severe weather for the season. EVERYONE was paying attention to this and at work today that was a major topic of conversation. Last month on Mother's Day, we spent the evening preparing to go to our "safe places" as we watched the evening radar show how the storms were to our west and headed straight for us. So no one was surprised when the tornado sirens sounded. Off to the basement we went.

There were tornados but not in our area so once again we dodged the bullet.

So tonight we dodge the tornado bullet once again, but we had hail like I've never seen before. The first one this evening lasted about eight minutes. People reported everything from marble size to baseball sized hail. We were all riding the storm out at my sisters. Her yard didn't look to bad so I really didn't think ours would either.

Wrong.

Thankful there was no physical damage to the house, but the hail took its toll this time on everything growing in our yard. Everything was shredded by the hail. The hostas...gone, the day lilies, gone, everything I planted gone. Everything up against the house has been reduced to nothing but sticks and shreds. So far this year I've spent close to two hundred dollars on my flowers and they're gone. I'd gotten all my big pots done as of just yesterday. Mom tried to save some of my pots by putting them on the porch, but the hail and the wind proved too much. Even stuff on the porch was reduced to material that looked like chopped parsley. We'll have to cut the hostas back to practically nothing. A little sick to my stomach about the damage like I've never seen before. But again, so glad that we have no damage to the house so above all else that's what really important and that's what counts.

However, I know I won't try to replace my big pots. Ok maybe just the big ones and I'll have to forgo all the other ones this year. I cannot afford to replace everything and still do all the other ones.

So sad, but still thankful. Ya know?
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 06-04-2014 at 01:20 PM.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

5. Thanks OHR thanked for this post
    Likes chachadiva liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NM, I am so glad that you and your family are ok. Sending up positive thoughts your way.

7. Likes Napia Mia liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NM, so sorry to hear about your garden. I can empathize. We've had some good storms and I've lost quite a few things also.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

9. Likes Napia Mia, OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@NAPIAMIA. (HUGS) I'M glad you and the fam are ok and the house too. Even though it could have been much worse I sympathize with your loss of the pots and plants. I am a gardening hobbyist and the time and money spent is a very big deal. May you soon be able to begin replacing and beautifying your yard again. Now you have that to look forward to. Time to make the lemonade!
    EXPECT GREAT THINGS!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who are not familiar with the flower called Delphinium please check them out. They are my new plant love for this year. I planted them on each side of my garage in huge ceramic pots. They can grow to a height of 6 ft and are absolutely beautiful cone shaped flowers that grow on stalks. I had never seen nor heard of them before until I saw them recently at Home Depot. They are suppose to be a challenge to grow from seed. Growing from already developed plants require a bit more care too. They are voracious eaters and need a lot of fertilizer and the soil needs to be more alkaline then acid in the fall. One precaution is that they are highly toxic to humans if ingested. So be ever so careful if you have children or pets that will be in the area. They also make nice cuttings for bringing into your home.
    @Napiamina Keep us posted on how you are coming along and on your progress of restoration.
    EXPECT GREAT THINGS!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123