Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Favorite/Best hair dyes?

Next month, I'm getting burgundy Kinky Twists, but before I get the twists, I want my natural hair dyed burgundy also. Which hair dyes have you tried that was the best? There are a few dyes I've tried, but the results were....ehh... I feel like I wasted my money. I tried Cream of Nature, but just to find out that I'll have to bleach my hair first. I'm terrified to to that. I've also tried Dark and Lovely, but I guess you can say it worked too good? Neither of these colors were Burgundy, but they made me consider not buying them again. I've also tried a dye with a white lady on it, the color was pretty. Terrible idea, my head was BURNING!!! I love Burgundy hair color, and I REALLY want it in my hair. So do you have any suggestions as to what dyes worked the best for you? Thanks.
    xoxox

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To get such a light color with dark hair, you HAVE to bleach it...
    http://islandgirlnappiness.blogspot.com/ >>>>> My Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naah I've had burgundy hair before and it look like it was supposed to, but I can't for the life of me remember the company that made it. I've been trying, and looking everywhere. I've had no luck what so ever.
    xoxox

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was it a rinse? maybe it was jazzing?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The color looked similar to this when I put it in my hair: http://i52.tinypic.com/kviwl.jpg

But this isn't the lady. I can't find it for squat. I know it wasn't Jazzing.
    Last edited by KalimbaJakenjuwha; 06-30-2011 at 02:52 AM.
    xoxox

napsnap is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

henna ...it's natural, non damaging and a conditioner. I use Jamila brand henna and stumbled upon it because I no longer wanted to use the harsh chemicals that are found in regular hair dyes (hair breakage, dry hair). So after researching, I began to hear so much about henna. I finally tried it and have liked the results ever since. My natural hair color is dark brown. As a result of using henna, my hair color is and auburn/burgundy color.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many, many moons ago I used to color my hair like this with a product called "Cellophane" I think it pre-dates Jazzing but it was similar.
    12th year of freedom

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would try bleaching the hair and then using a semi-permanent color from the Clairol Beautiful Collection. That semi-permanent dye is really moisturizing. I did this to my locs and they turned out fabulous!
    Loc'd 'n' lovin' it!
    http://members.fotki.com/rushjackson/about/
    fotki password = natural73

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all you DO NOT have to bleach your hair to achieve burgundy.
    I dyed my natural hair for more years than I didnt (maybe 6 or 7 of em), and I've never had to bleach my hair to get any color except for bleach blonde although the lightest I've gone is a golden orange.

Try Feria, they have a line called Power Reds that show up very well on my hair. I always add a box of blonde or light red dye to the mix to lighten the total mixture since dark hair + dark red dye = barely noticeable reddish tint. For what you want I'd use a box of a purplish red but also a very bright red. Adding a lighter color than you actually desire will help you get the results you want without bleaching, and there's nothing worse than getting halfway through the application process and realizing you dont have enough dye to cover all of your hair. You'll need at least two boxes; my chin length hair needed three.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I want to note that hair dyeing technology really hasn't changed since like WWII. All of it is the same except for whatever conditioners/pre-treatments come with the dye and of course the colors themselves. Even what they use in salons - same stuff, fancy application. So if your head was burning its because of the post-dye conditioning, not the dye itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast