Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't matter to me if that's what they want to do.
    http://quileutewolfpack.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really care if other people do that. Personally, I'm not interested. My hair is so fine that I'm paranoid I'll end up with a post in the heat archives. Plus, my hair is so porous that straightening was such a waste of time for me. My 'special occasion' hair would be an afro by the end of the festivities anyway.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their hair, their business, I only hope they know the risks they are taking if they actually care to keep their napps at their best. Personally, if I went loose again I'd never do ti. Besides there are plenty of alternatives to stretch the hair straight.
    Last edited by Karibana; 07-01-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this is a rather one sided discussion, isn't it .

I don't agree with the idea of straightening for special occassions, nor do I agree with wearing wigs for job interviews because you're afraid of what a interviewer might think bout your napps . Naturals on this vary site have done/do this, and if you have then I think that you'd be talking out of your butt when you criticize for naturals who straighten on "special" occasions.

*disclaimer: I'm very aware of and respect the rules of NP, nor do I endorse the use of heat. But I'm going to say this anyway.*

I, again, don't agree with straightening for special occasions (parties, events, etc), but I can understand how naptural hair can get boring. I wear my hair shrunken 90% of the time, and because I want to wear it straight once, I should be stoned by the nappy mob ? If I spend years growing out my hair to my goal of WL, and I want to actually experience WL hair for a day, I don't think I should have to get my naptural card revoked. The nappy police is just going to have to sit down somewhere. Does this mean that I don't love my natural hair as is (without it needing to be twisted, braided, banded, etc.) ? Um no. It just means that I want a change. You can't talk about how "versatile" natural hair is then put exceptions on what you can actually do to it.
    Big Chop: Nov. 14, 2007
    Current Length: MBL
    Hair Type: kinky-coily/curly, cottony, medium density
    GL1: WL (stretched) GL2: HL (stretched) UGL: Full SL wash n'go
    http://public.fotki.com/ckisland/
    ~ A million hugs to whoever PANK'd me~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh. I wouldn't stone you. I understand what you're saying. But I can't see my way clear to do that. I'm that nappy who is SURE that the "yay, WL!" press would end up taking several inches of hair with it.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

6. Likes JenniferFL liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmph, my roommate straightened her hair for graduation after stating that she would never do it. to be honest, i felt the pro-napptural in me but we have to realize to each their own...and laugh internally with "i told you sos" when those who straighten their hair suffer heat damage. i just think that once you go natural you should embrace you hair texture on every occassion. some people with natural hair still have those kinks in their mind. and it smells nasty when you press your hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theirs are so many hair styles you can try for a special occasion no need for straighten....
    Last edited by naturaldetermination; 07-01-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ this is very true. people who do straighten may do it because they dont knwo the versatility of natural hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope not straighten my hair. I've already been scared to death from reading horror stories of loosing hair, curls ect. I love my napps and need them to stay as they are. No heat unless it's from the sun please. I'm so over that straight hair chick.
    I love my hair like I love my 1 year old nephew. He's so hard headed, but so dang on cute!

Last CFC 5-22-10
    BC 8-22-10

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say MYOB and stop caring about what other people do with their hair.
    BECOME PANK!! ยก Gif-n-go

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast