Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default In need of a transitioning partner

I had my last relaxer in March of 2011 so I've been transitioning for 4 months now. The decision to transition wasn't a real easy one for me. I find it hard to do it alone. I need someone who is willing to be there for me whenever I feel the need to relax my hair again and vice versa. I'm pretty sure the process of transitioning is hard for everybody.
    Last edited by kellbonez; 07-02-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! I can be your partner! I already know I'll be wobbly and think that I need a relaxer soon and could definitely use some encouragement to stay on track...and in turn could be your encouragement. My last relaxer was in February of this year. Right now I am totally clueless about what to do with my hair at the moment! So...how about it??

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well girls imma join the crew. I am 4-5 wks away from my last relaxer. So I've only begun the processor being free I am head strung and I know I am not going back. Last night I cut half my hair off cause I can't wait to go natural. I cut it above my or right at my ear. I didn't want to deal with all the hair I had with wearing head wraps. I didn't feel like I lost anything except I gained half my freedom back. I look at the transitioning process as a rehab off the creamy crack. So by all means we can definitely support each other. I feel like I'm starting a movement with my close friends. Only 2weeks into my final decision and my friend is gonna follow me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the crew and thanks. I think we can all transition together. I just recently got my hair cut too, but not as much as you have. I think starting over will be a great oppurtunity of all of us.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Dang...I wish I'd known about you before. I'm in Pittsburgh too...unfortunately I'm about to relocate at the end of the month. We coulda met up and had lunch sometime!

My last relaxer was Dec 3, 2011. If memory serves me right you are at the point that sent me in earnest to the internet. Back in March/April....it was raining/snowing all the time and I was looking a thorough mess! I presevered though. Used the knowledge I gained from all my research and most days I feel good about my hair.

Do you know how long you want to transition?
    Last edited by NatrulyBlessed; 07-07-2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: details

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to join the group guys!!! I need some motivation, I had a terrible hair day on yesterday and contemplated getting a relaxer but I didn't!!!!!! My last relaxer was March 2011 and I am not doing the BIG CHOP! I will be getting some of my relaxed ends cut next week for the first time. I am also thinking about getting a sew in to help with the transition. So far I have been wear bantu knot outs, twist outs and braid outs but then as with all things too much of one thing gets old.

I am looking forward to sharing this experience with each of you! Hopefully we can help each other through the process

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm about 6 months in! I would love to join you all

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Oniea!!! Are you or have you done the big chop yet???

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys! So...do we start a new thread or just chat within this one??? hmmm......

This has been a busy week for me...usually I try to wash/cowash every 3-4 days but I'm on day 8 of my last wash. >_< My hair is in a frizzy knot out. It's limping along. Last night before I turned in I assumed I'd wrap it in a head wrap today but this morning I decided to try to work with it. I 'rolled' the top half straight across from ear to ear and pinned it on one side. I intended to use an accessory where I pinned, but don't currently have one that looked right, so I hid the pins under some hair.

I added moisture and shine with some aloe vera gel and olive oil. It looks cute if I say so myself, . If I can figure out how to post pictures I definitely will. I most certainly will wash it tomorrow....my scalp is about to revolt!

Hope everyone else is having a decent hair day.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 7 months in and would love to join. I've had a few bad hair weeks. But do't want to turn to that creamy crack. Please help!!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast