Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Michelle Bachmann says blacks were better off during slavery !!!

This is why we all need to support Obama & get out & vote. Not only does the GOP cut funds for school districts & colleges, they promote wingnuts & professional crackpots like Bachmann to make sure the conservatives (aka the descendants of the racists from back in the day) get out & vote.

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/bachmann...during-slavery
    Did BC Feb 2009 after 28 yrs of curly perms. Ditched wig June 2010 ,wearing flat twists & puff.Avatar me & my new BAA. Use Kinky Curly in summer & Qhemet or Shea Moisture Yucca in fall & winter. This winter is very harsh & caused dryness & breakage so I went back to wigs as protective style & using grease for first time since the 70s : Dax & Blue Magic.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

michele bachmann is an idiot but i think that the root is doing a bit of mental gymnastics to say that she was saying we were better off during slavery...

all she did was point out a fact... a fact that many here ON THIS VERY SITE have also pointed out and picked up on in several threads.

i think there are many many ropes this woman creates to hang herself and her political career with, but this is not one of them

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What she said was technically true (EDIT: actually...Idk why I accepted it as truth. I haven't seen any stats on the issue), but that jab she made at Obama was unfounded and stupid. She said that there were more black families during slavery than there was under the administration of the first black president. As if it was Obama's fault that so many black families were torn apart. The truth is Reagan, Bush and Clinton (why do so many black folks love him? Kinda want to create another thread...) started in on destroying black families a loooong time ago. And she seems to have a lot more in common with them than Obama. I'd like to know how she's going to enhance the black family since she's throwing this BS around. Will she relax drug sentencing, bring jobs back into the cities, support poor school districts?

Didn't think so. This petition is just holier than thou bull. I think the fact that she signed onto such uselessness is enough to hang her regardless of the "truth" of the matter.
    Last edited by QuickSilver; 07-10-2011 at 02:13 PM.
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a train wreck.... I'm sure she gained lots of black support on that one. Her focus was marriage vows and children raised within two parent families. Since slavery was a business, many were separated from families. Secondly, many were forbidden to marry.... busy raising another families kids. Furthermore, why black folks gotta be the targets? Focus on your own sect's sanctity, starting with constituents. What's the point of vows and a piece of paper when folks don't plan on following? Can't talk about children being raised by 2 parents IMO when their kids are probably raised by the maid.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzziwuz View Post
    Can't talk about children being raised by 2 parents IMO when their kids are probably raised by the maid.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is stupid.

You really think the master respected the "families" of slaves? Whites bred black people like animals. The male would be passed to different women or sold off. Children were torn from their mother's arms and placed in different households. Women were raped by their masters and were forced to raise his children.

C'mon...

There was no "family" back then. Not for slaves. Slaves weren't even allowed to get "married" so wtf is Michelle smoking?
    Dance to your own song:

B Natural
    C Sharp

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzziwuz View Post
    What a train wreck.... I'm sure she gained lots of black support on that one. Her focus was marriage vows and children raised within two parent families. Since slavery was a business, many were separated from families. Secondly, many were forbidden to marry.... busy raising another families kids. Furthermore, why black folks gotta be the targets? Focus on your own sect's sanctity, starting with constituents. What's the point of vows and a piece of paper when folks don't plan on following? Can't talk about children being raised by 2 parents IMO when their kids are probably raised by the maid.
    Formally MzCuteBrownLeo
    My Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh. 64% Journalistic Integrity is 0 Journalistic Integrity. If it can get any worse than sacrificing journalistic integrity (presuming it hadn't been already) to support a racial and/or political bias, I'm intrigued to know.
    If your import amid discussion is to ridicule, sabotage, and/or dismiss, you will no longer receive the privilege of my attention. Passive aggressive behaviors are a defense mechanism of oppressed and ultimately even self-defeated persons. Disregarding and/or ridiculing the concerns of others doesn't legitimize or address your own. You have betrayed a critical trust I must have in you that you are engaging or asking of me to enhance each of our perspectives rather than ridicule mine or reaffirm your own biases. Express your own concerns and/or support your own ideals. Your antics reek of repression and aren't constructive.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by treyfan88 View Post
    This is stupid.

You really think the master respected the "families" of slaves? Whites bred black people like animals. The male would be passed to different women or sold off. Children were torn from their mother's arms and placed in different households. Women were raped by their masters and were forced to raise his children.

C'mon...

There was no "family" back then. Not for slaves. Slaves weren't even allowed to get "married" so wtf is Michelle smoking?

You're right. Listen to this unknown soprano sing this heartbreaking spiritual from slavery days. Simple words,yet extremely powerful:

Did BC Feb 2009 after 28 yrs of curly perms. Ditched wig June 2010 ,wearing flat twists & puff.Avatar me & my new BAA. Use Kinky Curly in summer & Qhemet or Shea Moisture Yucca in fall & winter. This winter is very harsh & caused dryness & breakage so I went back to wigs as protective style & using grease for first time since the 70s : Dax & Blue Magic.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
    Clinton (why do so many black folks love him? Kinda want to create another thread...)

... anxiously awaiting the "why do so many black folk love Clinton" thread...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast