Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

working on my mara shawl....the sequel.

Yesterday, I finally made it to 100 + stitches after making a minor error and ripping it back. I finally get back on track only to notice that my the circular needle wire is broken. The cord is coming apart at the seam.....cripes!

For the sake of my sanity, I'm putting the needles away and I'll resume the mara on Thurs since I plan on stopping at my lys to get better needles.

It's funny that I was was just thinking that I might have to buy another size 10 needle with at least a 40inch cord to finish this and now I really have to buy another cord to get back on track.

I'm going to love the hell out of this shawl for all the trouble im getting.
    To my "Pank Guardian Angel"- Thank you for making me pank!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a long break, I have recently picked up my needles. I am currently knitting fingerless gloves and a lace scarf. Then with crochet I am doing a baby sweater, a blanket and a scarf using the Tunisian hook. I had forgotten how it is so relaxing to knit and crochet. I will be taking classes this fall at the local yarn store to expand my techniques and learn how to make socks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@KB: where do you get that magical Japanese masking tape? I've seen so many things done with them.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still haven't finished my first knitting project. I might pull it out of WIP purgatory and give it a whirl today.

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karibana View Post
    @KB: where do you get that magical Japanese masking tape? I've seen so many things done with them.
    Google for "Japanese Washi Tape." There's a lot for sale on Etsy, Big Cartel and similar places. Check craft stores.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Haven't seen them in Montreal craft stores but I will look online.

As far as crafting goes I have managed to finish only one block in the six weeks I was away from home.

I think I'll do a quick knit project to get back in the crafting groove: there's a fitted short sleeve sweater in this month's Glamour done in superchunky wool and I should be able to pound it out this weekend.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finding skin colored knit fabrics (in my price range) that are good for needle sculpting faces is a pain in the hindquarters. I want to concentrate on black dolls but I can't find the right colors in the right fabric.

I need a thicker (as close to bottomweight as possible) interlock knit fabric, cotton. bonus for 3-5% lycra/spandex in it. That's what the pink doll faces are. They scuplted up perfectly.

The light brown ones were double knit which did, so so. they sufficed. (but they got a little to stretched for me. Needlsculpting doll faces with fabric that's too stretchy is like scuplting with clay that's too soft.)

I had some dark brown knit fabric but it was entirely too thin (hence why I need bottom weight) and ran like stockings when I tried to needle sculpt it up into faces.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to get mid to heavyweight fabric like this in browns (interlock is the best. I think it's also called tricot. Double knit is meh, ok) please hit me with a link.

I was getting it at fashionfabricclub.com, but they clearanced out the kind I was using. now they are selling the whole roll instead of a yard, and I can't afford a whole bolt at a time.
    Last edited by coalblacklocs; 08-15-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ those are entirely too cute!!! I love them
    noirmuse
    A new year: I'm ready to accept my potential and achieve my success in all its forms...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^coalblacklocs...I squealed like a little girl when I saw those dolls. Oh my gosh! They are SO CUTE! Do you make them for friends, are you testing them out, do you sell them? I only ask because I really really want a little brown double knit baby for every little brown girl I know now...those are so so cool...

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am working on making pillows for my cousin & her husband's housewarming, sewing a dress for myself, and also beginning to work on a photo book (trying to narrow down my theme)
    Last relaxer October 31, 2013.
    Planning a long-term transition.
    Transitioning to natural as of January 8, 2014.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast