Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    Pretty sure I posted in here before about the black female yoga teacher I had a few years back. She was 62 at the time and had been studying yoga since age 46...the age I am now.

I've always been skeptical about the whole concept of role modeling, but this (physical health) is one area in which I'd be proud to be a role model.
    I totally agree! I am so inspired when I see older Black women still nimble and strong and healthy. It's gives me such hope because the majority of older Black women I know suffer with so many health issues. It makes me sad to see it but it makes my heart sing to know that staying strong and healthy can be done. I'd love to be that kind of role model.
    Where there's a will, there's a way (my blog about living naturally and simply, mothering, and homemaking)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took Yoga ten yrs. ago, but I stopped. I would like to start again though. I try to do some of the poses at home. There was one class that I liked. It was mostly of Hatha Yoga, and we did the sun salutation, which the "Dogward facing dog" position kicks butt! The class would end with the dead man's pose (lay on your back, close your eyes and breathe), and someone would always fall asleep in the class. LOL
    The instructor would go around everyone with a piece of sage she had lit.
    http://www.Queenlocks.com
    http://queenlocks.wordpress.com
    NP Member for 10+ years!
    NP Of The Month OCT. 2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12