Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Major setback :\

After a year of growing out my haircut I'm FINALLY at full APL, but I'm slowly coming to terms with the damage that dying my hair has left me. The dyed parts were just as healthy as my virgin roots (now about 6-7 inches) until very recently when my friend did my hair and used too much protein and heat. Now my dyed ends are frayed and almost impossible to even comb through. I can see a line of demarcation between healthy/ dead hair. Styling/washing/conditioning my hair has been hell ever since that day. I'm accepting the fact that I have to cut off 3 precious inches of hair, but I feel better knowing I won't have to battle with the dead ends! My routine would be sooo much easier on a head full of healthy hair instead of having to tiptoe around the damage.

So, here's to a happy 6 months of growing that 3" inches back :\ No more hairdye for me. Back to SL.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dessertfirst View Post
    After a year of growing out my haircut I'm FINALLY at full APL, but I'm slowly coming to terms with the damage that dying my hair has left me. The dyed parts were just as healthy as my virgin roots (now about 6-7 inches) until very recently when my friend did my hair and used too much protein and heat. Now my dyed ends are frayed and almost impossible to even comb through.
    OP: Ahhh......you know what you're gonna hear, right?
    So, here's to a happy 6 months of growing that 3" inches back :\ No more hairdye for me. Back to SL.
    ^You know that heat damaged your hair, right? Your hair couldn't take it. You'd mentioned that it had been healthy as your roots..... Lesson learned, I'm afraid. Hang in there.
    Last edited by OHR; 07-22-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about your setback. I think you're right that cutting it will reduce your stress by making regular care easier.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You know that heat damaged your hair, right? Your hair couldn't take it. You'd mentioned that it had been healthy as your roots..... Lesson learned, I'm afraid. Hang in there."

Sorry but, I wouldn't attribute my setback to heat damage. I know the rules of the board.. but the rest of my hair is completely unaffected. Something about the dye/protein/heat made the dyed ends flip out after a year or being relatively healthy. But thank you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You know that heat damaged your hair, right? Your hair couldn't take it. You'd mentioned that it had been healthy as your roots..... Lesson learned, I'm afraid. Hang in there."

Sorry but, I wouldn't attribute my setback to heat damage.
    I know the rules of the board.. but the rest of my hair is completely unaffected. Something about the dye/protein/heat made the dyed ends flip out after a year or being relatively healthy. But thank you!

You mentioned in your first post that your friend's use of protein and heat marked the beginning of your hair's current status. Or, to quote you directly:
    The dyed parts were just as healthy as my virgin roots (now about 6-7 inches) until very recently when my friend did my hair and used too much protein and heat.
    (emphasis added)

Your setback may not have happened solely because of heat. However in spite of your rebuttal of OHR's words, you were the one who made it sound as though it was one of the elements that contributed to the change in your hair.
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

^thank ye Claire...I was strictly going by what was noted in the original post. OP's hair could not take the protein, color, heat in combination.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same thing here ma, only with MUCH less hair, lol. I notice about a half inch left after my last cut that's just all kind of dry and snarls up on itself. Heat or no, my poor ends are not happy! No more color here either.