Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I don't think it matters what race. People in general have a hard time shedding beliefs and customs no matter what. I've seen it over and over again in the work place and at home. It's easier to believe and accept something you're used to rather than have an open mind and think outside the box some of the time. I used to be like the OP's friend at work, now I just say what I have to say and just move on. Even when I'm shown to be right people have a hard time admitting it. So I just let them be.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbread View Post
    At work is a sister who is different in that she's right most of the time. What I mean by that is that what she says is contrary to popular belief, so she always has to provide proof. An example is trimming hair. She said that unless your hair is damaged, you don't have to trim your hair every 3 months or whenever to have healthy hair. She later showed us proof, such as tightlycurly.com and other websites. Another example is that black people can get sunburned and get skin cancer from it. Now, that one shocked me, but she proved it.

There are other instances, but now people are making fun of her because she is right. She does her research and does not go by what everyone else says. But now people are saying things like, "you know so much", "your research is wrong", etc.

I know from experience that lies and misinformation told often and long enough is accepted as fact, so when the truth comes out, it's a shock. But the liberation I feel allows me to change my life for the better.

So now, I'm the only person talking to her. I can see if she was wrong, but she's not. We as a community need the truth, not more misinformation. I don't understand why people can't accept that.

You can't please everyone, and some ppl are hell bent on hating. Your friend should feel blessed that the riff raff do not crowd her life. Now she has room for those that matter, like you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12