User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    LadyCaramel Guest

Hmmm I've been happily nappy for almost 4 years now, and I've had incidents where I've shampooed and had not so nappy naps, but this was the absolute worst. I shampooed with Creme of Nature shampoo, and used lustrasilk tea tree conditioner. my hair did this thing and I was not happy, the top part, which is now all black again due to the growing out of my lovely hair color, was perfectly straight and the lower,colored portion, had this strange s shaped wave thing going on. I was like what the Hell :fight . so today I hop in the shower and conditioner wash with my love of all loves Pantene Relaxed and Natural conditioner. most of my kinks, coils, and what have you came back but there are these pieces in the front that still have that s-wave thing going on and THIS AIN'T normal, Could shampoo really have done this to my napps cause that s-wave stuff won't do :rainfro and that hurts my heart. Someone help a sister out. I'm tripping harder than a klutz on skates off this one. All help is appreciated. Thank ya.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i never liked that creme of nature myself. it just made my hair feel funny. i don't have a bottle on hand to read from - but what are the ingredients? anything on the list that doesn't sound right? I know what it is - come to think of it - my hair always felt "waxy" after that shampoo! Maybe you could try looking thru the home made products forum for a clarify (remove the build up) type shampoo to remove the left over product on your hair - and then condition-poo again?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

girl i'm with you on the pantene for relaxed and natural conditioner.....its the best and gives a really nice sudsing effect.
    as far as the creme of nature shampoo, I used to use it regularly with no problems but I always diluted it heavily with water and it always worked great but since i've been no pooing i'll never go back to shampoo.

sillygirl Guest

I noticed that when my hair initially starts growing (for example in braids), it has a s-pattern. Because I never keep my braids in for long (6 weeks if I'm pushing it), I see the same S-pattern until I take out the braids and wash it.

I also think that hair does change texture due to things like diet and supplements. I know quite a few fans of creme of nature and they don't really seem to have problems. I really havent' heard of shampoo changing texture at all...............but there's a first for everything

LadyCaramel Guest

hmmm the only thing it could be was the darn shampoo, it only happened when I washed the other night, and my hair is only loosely waved in the very back the front it loosely curled but not waved, so I'm still slightly put off by the effects of what I'm assuming was the shampoo.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm....does your bottle contain sodium hydroxide in it?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been using CON for over a year and it's the best shampoo I have tried. Hmmm, not aware of it changing one's texture. The sodium hydroxide in it is so minute that it's not enough to alter the texture.

Last r.elaxer: Feb. 2001
    Big Chop: March 15, 2002

Napptural for life!

Hair Album-Last Updated June 28, 2008

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use CON about once a month and occasionally on my children's hair. We haven't had any problems with texture alterations.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it could be buildup....sometimes when hair is coated it is flatter and straighter....u could try clarifying

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use CON once a week for years and have had no change in texture. It only makes my hair really soft but the kinks/naps are still there. The best shampoo for me thus far.
    ~The Secret to Life is to Live It! Think, Speak and Be who you are meant to be!~

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast