Let me start this off by saying this is NOT spam. My username is etifaim (have also used aphrocyntryc) and I've been a member of Nappturality since 2007.

I have already sent in my saliva for testing with the 23andme lab (along with my SO pictured in my avatar).

I received the following link from a friend via email:
Roots into the Future

23andMe is offering free DNA testing (a $399 value) for 10,000 African Americans to increase understanding of how DNA plays a role in health in wellness, specifically for the black community. So far only about 1,000 people of African descent have signed up.

Not only can you discover what diseases you have high/low/moderate risk for (so you can be proactive about your health), but it will also trace your genealogy so you can find our your ancestral origins.

If you are interested, check out the link I posted above, give them your email address, and if you are one of the remaining 9,000 selected, you will receive a code to activate your account and order your testing kit to put your saliva in and send back to the 23andMe lab. Once again, this is at no cost to you.

Note: According to the website, only those who identify themselves as African-American, Afro-Carribean, Black, or African can take advantage of this offer. The lab will find out if non-black individuals try to abuse this offer.