Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Young Newbie! 17 years old.

Hey there! My name is Lauren. I am a fairly new natural. I big chopped on May 10, 2011 after transitioning for a whopping 10 weeks. My decision to go natural was a hasty one. I knew everything there was about going natural because I researched it for weeks on end a few years ago, but i didnt have the courage to do it and continued relaxing. I was in need of a relaxer and had an appointment made for May 13, 2011. I was driving past a barbershop and was really fed up with my hair. I walked in to the shop, told them to take it all off. You should have seen the look on their faces....I had long, thick, healthy hair. I just was tired of it. I went TWA product crazyyy. The first day back to school was interesting. 99% of the girls at school loved it, because no one at my school was as bold as I was. I got a lot more respect. 75% of the guys, hated it. Including my boyfriend. I didnt tell him, and he was all pissed at me for not "consulting him" although he did say he respects me for having the confidence to do so. He eventually got over it. We're still together, so I guess he has the confidence to be seen with a girl with short hair (the whole short hair=lesbian stereotype is VERY prevalent in my area). When I came back to school after the summer, I surprisingly saw that I inspired 2 more girls to go natural and both of them Big Chopped. (They transitioned over the summer though). I'm a senior in high school. This is my year to grow as a woman and determine my identity which includes my natural hair. I believe my hair type is combined with 3c/4a, but I could be wrong. *shrugs* Currently I am wearing a protective style which I am about to take out in a few days. Usually I do wash and gos with a co-wash using VO5 conditioner, and then putting Cantu Shea Butter leave-in and a little oil sheen. I'm looking for new products because this makes my hair pretty dry, and as we begin to enter fall and it starts getting colder I want something more moisturizing so that I can keep my ends. Well, thats all i can think of at the moment. Oh by the way, I'm 17. Im really excited about being a member of this forum. Ohh! and I just celebrated my 3 month nappiversary a week and a half ago and I can see a significant difference in my hair than when I first chopped it off. I love my curlies!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to NP. Don't forget to stop by the Teen forum.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to NP and being natural!

I've always admired teens who go natural. It takes a LOT of guts. Good for you! Make sure you check out the Nappy Teen forum where you'll find other brave souls like yourself.

I'm mostly 4b so I don't know if my recs would work for you; hopefully someone with your hair texture will chime in with more advice.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks you guyss! I appreciate you! & ill be sure to go take a peek at that Nappy Teen forum!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on your 3 month natural hair anniversary! I'm 18, by the way. Natural teens unite!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats! and I hope your last year of H.S. is a great one.
    BC'd: June 2010
    Last perm: End of 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so happy to see more young black women like yourself embrase your hair. I am now 31 and I got my first relaxer when I was 15, if only I knew then what I know now. Sounds like you are happy with your decision to go natural, good luck in the future. I can't give advice on what products to use bc I am in transitioning and still learning what works for me. Good luck with your last year of high school.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats and enjoy the new napptural you!
    I love my hair like I love my 1 year old nephew. He's so hard headed, but so dang on cute!

Last CFC 5-22-10
    BC 8-22-10

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks you all! Aww, I feel really welcomed in this naptural community. I used to have a long hair care forum account, but i didnt like it. but i'm glad i found you all! & @xrecreatex yesss! *fist pump* the bhbc nation is taking overrr! (bhbc = bald headed by choice) lol. (: