Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

I'm new to the boards and am currently transitioning. I was wondering if there are any swimmers out there. If so, what do you use to wash the chlorine out of your hair?

Thanks,
    Qiana

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use whatever shampoo that I have in my house. But before I go swimming I dampen my hair with water and put humectress conditioner from nexxus in my hair, I then put my hair in a ponytail and bun. Your hair won't absorb as much chlorine since it isn't dry. Then when I come back from swimming I shampoo and condition my hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wash and condition with good old cheap Suave coconut
    http://members.fotki.com/sjdancer69/ has been updated: October 19, 2007

tonyelle is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and welcome to Nappturality.

I just started back swimming and went yesterday. When I got home, I usually do the no-poo. But since I know I had clorine in my hair, I use a little bit of black soap in my air instead of the usual clarifying shampoo so that I wouldn't dry it out. Then I used my suave conditioner on it and let it sit for about 30-45 minutes. Rinsed it out...put my aloe vera, shea butter, carrot oil and leave in conditioner mix in and blowed dried it a little (on medium, not too hot). That was it. My hair was nice and soft. If you are wondering what style I have, I have a TWA. Other may use a different type of method if their hair is longer. HTH :razz

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair is about 14 inches long now. When I go swimming I wet my hair in the shower then I apply a cheap conditioner, then over that I apply melted shea butter. The shea butter seems to really coat the hair preventing it from getting dry and brittle.

Trust me everytime I dont use it my hair gets horrible dry. I also spend hours and hours and hours in the pool but if I applyed the shea butter with conditioner the hair never looses moisture. After I wash with conditioner and a bit of black soap and it's nice and soft.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a tip my cousin who's a hair stylist taught me...she said once you get out of the pool to rinse your hair with cold water first before you shampoo/no poo....the cold water helps start neutralizing the chlorine.

We have all established that our hair is different....At the end of the day we pride ourselves as being NAPPY! [b]Let this quest for right and wrong go[/b] - RoseBurnt

[url="http://public.fotki.com/melanizm13"]UPDATES[/url]...12/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by sjdancer@Jul 9 2004, 07:19 PM
    I wash and condition with good old cheap Suave coconut
    Me too! I just rinse and no poo after I swim with cheap Suave.
    Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out.