Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ask An NP Member...

Ok, this should be a fun topic if it works.

This is your chance to ask an NP member a question--whether it has to do with their hair, themselves, their area of RL expertise, etc.--within reason. It can be something you've always wondered or something that's just occurred to you. That NP member can then answer those questions in the thread...and so it goes.

Let's keep it clean, cordial and reasonable though...this is a fun thread, not Front Street Cage Match 2011...

So...here's mine...

Lbellatrix--I vaguely remember seeing pics of your twists and locs...are there any pics you'd be willing to share of your new shorter loose 'do that we've heard so much about?

Soul Rebel--you're a makeup artist, right? Do you know why it is that "aging" makeup on black people in films almost always looks terrible? I've never seen good aging makeup on a black person in Hollywood...they always look like ...

Micheli...your son is a cutie! I've watched your video and love seeing his pic when you post in a thread...but how old is he now?

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ tjolims: Which do you like better? Cats or dogs?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Cats. Don't stone me, but I reallllly don't like dogs much. I'll be friendly to one if it happens by, but I can't see myself keeping one as a pet.

Ok, another question for Karibana and anyone else, really, whose primary language isn't necessarily English...how'd you get so good at the language?

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sesame St, The Cosby Show and family who lives in the States to begin with, also an American friend when I lived in Haiti. And I pretty much to consume anglo-saxon culture in English, reading a lot of English literature like Jane Austen (and magazines) is why my written English is the way it is. English has made it hard for me to learn another language because I didn't really put any effort into it.

Man I can't think of a question for now. I'll have to come back.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soul Rebel- since you're a MUA and a sci-fi fan, do you like the make up from Star Trek: TOS?
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chachadiva: What do you do (for a living) and where are you from. You seem so worldly and really sharp. I'm just curious. :3

kell is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tjolims, how many cats do you have and do they sleep in your bed?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jae, I recently quit my day job working with derivatives in the finance industry. Now, I'm starting my own business.

I went to a magnet high school for people interested in science and engineering. In my senior year, I found my inner hippie. I went to college as an art major with the intent to become a photographer. I was editor, writer and photographer of my college newspaper. However, I was young (and stupid) and a family friend convinced me that there was no money in photography. So I switched my major to Business (Marketing).

I've also worked as an insurance underwriter, in banking, worked with mutual funds, and an a retirement accountant. For about 5 years, I tried to re-capture my inner hippie and I worked in TV, video production and theater.

For hobbies, I've taken classes in sewing and fashion design and writing. For a brief time, I started my own fashion line. Because of my interest in theater, I also write plays. Although my plays usually suck (says my writing coach).

I also like to cook and one day plan to go to culinary school for pastry arts and baking.

I'm "worldly" because I'm intrigued by almost everything and I've read up or I've tried a bunch of different stuff in my life. Life is good.

I'm from Philadelphia.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

9. Likes mramsey liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tjolims View Post
    Lbellatrix--I vaguely remember seeing pics of your twists and locs...are there any pics you'd be willing to share of your new shorter loose 'do that we've heard so much about?
    Nope. I don't post pictures under the LBell/LBellatrix name anymore. Believe me when I say that my hair is still nappy and I still haven't been accused of having "good hair"...

Don't really have any questions for anyone...I like (most of) y'all just the way you are...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do any one of yall have spanish as a first language?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast