Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you two are cracking me up!

my condolences to those Eagles fans out there...so salty that they got beat by the Cowboys My question now: when is the timer going off on Reid's tenure as head coach? And is Vick at risk too (even with that fat contract)?

meanwhile: BEAR DOWN! Seven seconds in and they've already got a booth review....

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Napia Mia View Post
    Thanks. Just watched the news highlights of tonight's game. We won 30 to 17. We're going to STATE! I wanna go so badly. I'ma see if my sister will make the road trip with me.
    My sis is going to drive down so we can go see the state tournament. I just so excited. North High had a big celebration Friday after school. This is REALLY big for them and us alumnae too!!!!!

In other news, my college team is ONE game away from a bowl game. Woohoo.

In still other news, I was soooooo rooting for Wisconsin this afternoon. I really HATE the buckeyes...lol! Uggghhh!!!
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Hope you and sis have fun, sounds exciting!

Meanwhile, last week's Bear's game ended badly, and this one against the 49ers is even worse!! Aaaaahhh....can't even (totally) blame Jason Campbell...but yeah, when is Jay coming back? :-(

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default State Finals Recap...

Quote Originally Posted by Savantrice View Post
    ^Hope you and sis have fun, sounds exciting!
    Halftime it's still zero to zero. But everything heats up in the third quarter. We score the first TD, and the Vikes are on the board 7 to zero.

Mustangs score next but it's just a field goal. So now it's Vikes 7 and Mustangs 3.

Mustangs score next and now it's Mustangs 10 and Vikes 7.

Fourth quarter action. Ball changes hands a couple of time with no one scoring.

With FIVE minutes left we're still down by three. We just CAN'T lose this game. Can we do this? Could something go our way...just once? My heart is racing so much so that I feel frozen in the moment. I can't cheer, I can't move. They've got the ball and in the end zone, they fumble. YES! Is this our gift? Can we convert? We power down the field quickly, and throw a pass for a TD that puts us up by three. It's 14 to 10. But we don't eat up enough time on the clock. I'm still scared. There's still plenty of time for a team that's getting a first down on every carry to get down the field and score. I'm shaking like a leaf. All I can do is pace back and fourth. Can North somehow pull this off? The Mustangs are UNDEFEATED and they've been to state SEVEN times. Not sure what their record is, but can we really pull off this upset?

Dang if we don't march down the field and score a quick TD. Our crowd erupts with a deafening roar. Not only is the school here in force, alumni have come out in droves to support this team. I see this guy with an old style North High cardigan sweater on with '79 on the sleeve. Hey that's the year I graduated. I wonder if I know him.

Ok, I snap back to the game. Everyone on our side is celebrating — except me. I look at my brother-in-law and he's screaming "We got this!" I shake my head and say, "There's too much time on the clock, and they're marching the ball down the field with precision. He shakes his head, but my mind KNOWS there's too much time left on the clock. Yeah, I'm a pessimist (sp?) when it comes to my favorite sports teams — particularly when it comes to North. That's been our luck forever. We get so close, but we still manage to lose. So I'm not ready to celebrate.

Hopefully I'm wrong. There's at least 1:45 left on the clock. Maybe luck will be on our side this time, that combined with some skill will help us turn this game our way. If we play this right, even if they score, we'll have possesion, and we could run the clock down and still score and win. I know it's possible. We just have to be on our A game these last few seconds of the game.

And one more time, they break through our defense, march right back down the field and score. With exactly ONE MINUTE left on the clock, we're back down by three. We throw some awesome passes and make it inside the Mustangs 25. First and 10. Incomplete pass right in the end zone. 2nd and 10. Incomplete pass and five yard penalty against the Vikes. 19 seconds left. 3rd and 15. Incomplete pass. Not good. Do we go for it or at least try to tie it and go into overtime. Vikes call a time out to discuss what to do. I honestly don't think we're playing well enough to win in OT. I THINK we should go for it. But then again, they're covering all of our receivers exceptionally well right now. Perhaps that's what the coaches were thinking too because they decide to go for a tie. Kick a field goal.

Well, we MISSED the daggone field goal! The kick was really pitiful. I can still see it in slow motion. The ball turning end over end and missing the inside of the uprights by a mile to the left. But I don't blame the kicker, I blame the team for the stupid penalty that obviously put the option for a field goal out of the kicker's range...po little guy. Five seconds left. Clock ticks down. North's first trip EVER to state. Final score Vikes 14 - Mustangs 17.

I swear when it comes to North this is our story, this is our song. We just keep losing all the day long.

***sigh***

I'm soooooooooooooo sad. It was a good game though, but I'm ooooooooh so sad. It was a long 45 minute ride back. I sighed repeatedly all the way back. My brother-in-law drives like a freaking maniac. He tailgates EVERYBODY. He usually makes me so nervous. But I was so dispondent I barely noticed on the way back.

I'm soooooooo sad y'all. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN. Where's that Florida giff when I need it.
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 11-20-2012 at 06:43 AM.
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you two are cracking me up!

my condolences to those Eagles fans out there...so salty that they got beat by the Cowboys My question now: when is the timer going off on Reid's tenure as head coach? And is Vick at risk too (even with that fat contract)?

meanwhile: BEAR DOWN! Seven seconds in and they've already got a booth review....
    i cant even talk about it. i'm still an eagles fan. i'll watch the games. i hope foles gets to practice a bit more, but for the rest of the season i'll really be cheering for the packers. this season is a wash for the eagles.. again

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry NM :-( November has just been a bad month for the home (and fantasy) teams....it's little solace but North obviously had a great season to get to State in the first place.

On a positive note, you might consider a 2nd career in sports journalism! ohmygoodness, the passage below had me on the edge of my seat!

Quote Originally Posted by Napia Mia View Post
    And one more time, they break through our defense, march right back down the field and score. With exactly ONE MINUTE left on the clock, we're back down by three. We throw some awesome passes and make it inside the Mustangs 25. First and 10. Incomplete pass right in the end zone. 2nd and 10. Incomplete pass and five yard penalty against the Vikes. 19 seconds left. 3rd and 15. Incomplete pass. Not good. Do we go for it or at least try to tie it and go into overtime. Vikes call a time out to discuss what to do. I honestly don't think we're playing well enough to win in OT. I THINK we should go for it. But then again, they're covering all of our receivers exceptionally well right now. Perhaps that's what the coaches were thinking too because they decide to go for a tie. Kick a field goal.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry NM :-( November has just been a bad month for the home (and fantasy) teams....it's little solace but North obviously had a great season to get to State in the first place.
    Yeah I know. I'm still a little bummed about this but I'm slowly recovering. LOL!

On a positive note, you might consider a 2nd career in sports journalism! ohmygoodness, the passage below had me on the edge of my seat!
    LOL! Sometimes I amaze myself!
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These college games today have been crazy! And after the FSU loss to the dadgum Gators - I need a DRANK!!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

***sigh*** My college team is being stomped, beat down, steam rolled, shellacked, struck down, shredded, killed, bulldozed (I'll be back when I think of some more adjectives.)

All this before half time.

What happened to our defense? Where's our offense. It's 42 to 10. I don't know how you regroup to overcome a deficit like this in the second half.
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creamed. Bowled over. Ripped. Torn to shreds. I just don't think I can watch the 2nd half. We need to much skill, luck and big time miracles to win this game.
    June 24th

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast