kell is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother has been going thru menopause as long as I could remember. I have seen her a$$ more times as a child than I have seen my own. She always said she was having hot flashes and could not wear clothes around the house. When my friends would come over she would wear clothes until I was 16 and I had a few friend over after school all of a sudden my mother came home from work walked in the front door and started getting butt a$$ naked right in front of my friends. I was so embarrassed, I did not speak to her for a week. I'm like really mom you could not make it to your room to get naked. When I was in my early 30's mom hit hard time and lost her job she moved in with me and my kids. Menapause was even worse by this time, she would walk around all day naked, answere the door naked, great the mailman naked. She started sitting on the porch naked. My neighbors were outraged, but the police only came out once. My kids were so embarrassed. When my mom got back on her feet and moved out everyone was happy. Its been about 10yrs and everytime I visit her she comes to the door naked. I worry about her safety, there are crazy men out their that might think a 67 year old is sexy and rape her.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have skipped my first period and I am not sure how I am feeling about it right now. Happy, sad, scurred I don't know yet

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been 4 years since my medically induced menopause, and finally the hot flashes are subsiding. The only time that I may get a 'power surge' is when I'm ticked off or under pressure. Thankfully, those moments are few and far between.

Now, something for those dealing with arthritis.....ya gotta move!!!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~~~Bump~~~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ladies ! I "think" menopause is starting for me. A few months ago my period didn't come on for two months in a row. This month it came on for one day then nothing. Now I feel like I'm having hot flashes. I keep asking my daughter and my man if they are hot ..lol and keep getting this look . I mean I can just be sitting there and here it comes. It's not that bad yet, and hopefully it won't get to be. But whatever comes I'll just be ready to deal with it.
    "Don't ever think I fell for you, or over you. I didn't fall in love, I rose in it. I saw you and made up my mind". Toni Morrison

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had Suzann Summers book on Menopause and I can't find it it was a great book if it wasn't for me already having read it I would think I am losing my mind with the skin itch thing. I think out of all of the symptoms that is the one that I just can't stand. Where you feel like you have an itch you go to the area you think is itching to scratch and no matter how hard you scratch you get no relief or it seems like the itch moves!!! I think I will get that book again to read.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to find this thread. I was listening to the Evolving Ideas podcast this morning and on it they had a guest, Susun S. Weed who writes books about using herbs to heal. I liked her viewpoint about menopause as a natural part of life that doesn't have to wreak havoc and be a horrible experience. Can't speak more on that particular point because I only have one of her books (Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year) but I put the other on hold at the library.
    Where there's a will, there's a way (my blog about living naturally and simply, mothering, and homemaking)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rootzdawta View Post
    Interesting to find this thread. I was listening to the Evolving Ideas podcast this morning and on it they had a guest, Susun S. Weed who writes books about using herbs to heal. I liked her viewpoint about menopause as a natural part of life that doesn't have to wreak havoc and be a horrible experience. Can't speak more on that particular point because I only have one of her books (Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year) but I put the other on hold at the library.
    Let us know what you think about it. I would be very interested in what she has to say.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I was 23 days late and it showed up and kicked my behind. I am not a happy camper. Is this what I have to expect for a while craziness? I have heard women say it can last a few years of your cycle being crazy before it just ends. I was so hoping it was just end and be done with but I guess I am not going to get that lucky.

feeling like my body is turning on me

MsDev is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jorjeni View Post
    So I was 23 days late and it showed up and kicked my behind. I am not a happy camper. Is this what I have to expect for a while craziness? I have heard women say it can last a few years of your cycle being crazy before it just ends. I was so hoping it was just end and be done with but I guess I am not going to get that lucky.

feeling like my body is turning on me
    Did you have any more symptoms besides the missed cycle jorjeni?....was your cycle irregular, then stopped .or was your cycle regular then all of a sudden stopped?

I basically need to know what other symtoms everyone else had besides the missed cycle?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast