Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turned 41, and got sick eating some vanilla bean ice cream! *sigh*
    yet, I can eat the chocolate ice cream.... *shurgs*
    I think I experienced my first "hot flash" last year... Just chillin' out @home, and all of a sudden started to "burn-up" wanting ice! {Is that how it is?}
    http://www.Queenlocks.com
    http://queenlocks.wordpress.com
    NP Member for 10+ years!
    NP Of The Month OCT. 2004

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 45 and think I've had a few hot flashes this week. I get this burning/tingling feeling...from the inside, feels like it's trying to get out. Then I just feel warm all over while the tingling is going on. No sweating, yet...just the burning/tingling/warmness. Oh and a slight headache. I have sinus/allergy issues, but the headache that accompanies the burning/tingling definitely feels different.
    ~~Started Locks (2STs): April 20, 2006~~
    Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I experienced my first "hot flash" last year... Just chillin' out @home, and all of a sudden started to "burn-up" wanting ice! {Is that how it is?}
    yeap it's definitely a "from the inside out" thang...I remember when I was 39 bout 5 years ago and we were visting friends on xmas day, it was about 20 degrees outside and I joined the lady of the house - in her 50s - on the porch, no coat, hat, nuttin and we were both breathing sighs of relief...she was like "child you TOO YOUNG to be flashing", shucks she knew right away what was goin on....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to know if anyone has used or uses Replens. Anyone?
    My heart is spoken for.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^*raises hand* That stuff is UBER expensive!
    eta: thank goodness for HSA.
    Last edited by OHR; 08-29-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been perimenopausal for a good three years now. It took me a while to figure out I was having hot flashes. I just thought the room was hot. LOL. Thank goodness I don't have mood swings. Irregular periods drive me nuts. Skip a month. Have two in a month. Have a heavy period. Then a light period. Have a month long period. Crazy Uggghhh... I can't wait for this to all stop forever!

Hot flashes and night sweats. At night sometimes I wake up and have to change into dry clothes. I sleep with a clip on fan attached to my head board. The only reason to look forward to winter is so that I can go stand on the porch and cool my body down.

And in the winter time I've learned to layer my clothes and keep a light weight tank top on. That way, no matter where I am, I can strip down to my tank. Yes, I've done that on several occasions. Once I was in a funiture store and I promise y'all it was 10 below zero outside. I started getting so hot I felt like I was going to pass out. I started stripping and people around me were staring at me like mad. Didn't care. Pretty soon I was nearly nekkid, in a furniture store in the dead of winter. But I promise you they'd have been calling an ambulance if I hadn't been able to get out of those clothes fast enough cause I'm sure I'd have fainted. LOL

Then, even my hot flashes and their intensity are even unpredictable. I can go weeks and months having none or very mild ones. And then POOF, I'm having the hot flash from HELL. And then for awhile those will be the norm. Or they can be all mixed up. Bad ones...mild ones...etc., etc., etc.

And on the flip side, sometimes I can get chills down to my bone where I can't even get warm. I start putting sweat shirts and blankets in the dryer so I can put them on to get warm. I googled chills and menopause one time and found a couple of articles that linked them together. WTHell?

These days, anything that goes haywire with my body I pretty much chalk up to being premenopausal.
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 09-03-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Napia Mia View Post
    I've been perimenopausal for a good three years now. It took me a while to figure out I was having hot flashes. I just thought the room was hot. LOL. Thank goodness I don't have mood swings. Irregular periods drive me nuts. Skip a month. Have two in a month. Have a heavy period. Then a light period. Have a month long period. Crazy Uggghhh... I can't wait for this to all stop forever!

Hot flashes and night sweats. At night sometimes I wake up and have to change into dry clothes. I sleep with a clip on fan attached to my head board. The only reason to look forward to winter is so that I can go stand on the porch and cool my body down.

And in the winter time I've learned to layer my clothes and keep a light weight tank top on. That way, no matter where I am, I can strip down to my tank. Yes, I've done that on several occasions. Once I was in a funiture store and I promise y'all it was 10 below zero outside. I started getting so hot I felt like I was going to pass out. I started stripping and people around me were staring at me like mad. Didn't care. Pretty soon I was nearly nekkid, in a furniture store in the dead of winter. But I promise you they'd have been calling an ambulance if I hadn't been able to get out of those clothes fast enough cause I'm sure I'd have fainted. LOL

Then, even my hot flashes and their intensity are even unpredictable. I can go weeks and months having none or very mild ones. And then POOF, I'm having the hot flash from HELL. And then for awhile those will be the norm. Or they can be all mixed up. Bad ones...mild ones...etc., etc., etc.

And on the flip side, sometimes I can get chills down to my bone where I can't even get warm. I start putting sweat shirts and blankets in the dryer so I can put them on to get warm. I googled chills and menopause one time and found a couple of articles that linked them together. WTHell?

These days, anything that goes haywire with my body I pretty much chalk up to being premenopausal.
    ^EXACTLY! +1 only w/me, it's full meno.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^Lol! And since I'm so active and much more fit than I was three years ago, I can only imagine how bad off I'd be if I were still sedentary and had not shed so much weight. It's actually scary to think about. Actually, I don't have to imagine it because I was living this scenario out. I was sooooo sick back then with so many ailments and things that were borderline out of control. Being active has truely been a Godsend. I don't ever want to go back to the way I was...living without exercise in my life.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not getting hot flashes I am getting cold flashes!! It was 90 degrees out and I am wrapped up in blankets and shivering like a fool! T thinks I am losing my mine lol!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been the most active I've been the past 2 weeks in a loooong time and no bed soaking! It's funny how our bodies are machines that work well when we do right and not so well when we know better but keep up with the same bad habits that leave us drab and non-energetic....this morning while doing crunches at the crack of dawn, our trainers decided to give a spiel on the function of the liver and I realized that I need to be more mindful about how all my organs work and the BEST things to put into my body to ensure everything is functioning properly....I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact I'm getting in the best shape AND nutrition at 40+, I'm warding off so much future drama healthwise, I'm just ecstatic at the possibilities of life!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast