twix36 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When did you all start to notice symptoms of peri? I was talking to the midwife during my appt last Tues and she said many women don't hit meno until around 52.

One thing she said to me is "why keep bleeding every month when you're done having kids." I think hearing that from a female surprised me. I prefer to let my body do what it's going to do naturally.
    Formerly known as New2natural1

April 4th--2 years fully natural

Thanks for Panking me!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twix36 View Post
    One thing she said to me is "why keep bleeding every month when you're done having kids." I think hearing that from a female surprised me. I prefer to let my body do what it's going to do naturally.
    A midwife said that? That's kinda surprising. The body/nature is not done allowing your body to be functional for childbirth. The body/nature doesn't know about your life dynamics. Let nature take its course. Bleeding every month is not that much of a burden if there are no associated health issues.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe it or not, it was my husband that pinpointed my peri symptoms [in my 40's]. He'd been watching the Today show as were getting ready for work one morning and announced to me that "the reason why you're feeling the way you are is because you are in peri." I'd never heard of the term before that day.

There are women that experience the first symptoms as early as in their 30's. I was still experiencing periods [somewhat] when I had my surgical menopause 5 years ago.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twix36 View Post
    When did you all start to notice symptoms of peri? I was talking to the midwife during my appt last Tues and she said many women don't hit meno until around 52.

I'm honestly not sure when I started having symptoms because many of the symptoms that I have can all be related to something else. It wasn't until I realized I was having hot flashes that I knew I was perimenopausal. Problem is I'd been having them off and on for awhile but just thought the room was hot or something like that. One day when I was having one, it dawned on me that it was a hot flash. Then a lot of the other stuff my body was putting me through made much more sense. So far it's been a little over two years since I first realized I was having hot flashes. But I have no idea how long I was having some of the other symptoms before my hot flashes actually kicked in.

Now, I blame nearly EVERYTHING on perimenopause, lol. My doctor told this isht could go on for up to ten years. God please don't let that be me...
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Amen. I think the most obvious symptoms have been going on for the last 2 years. So that's mid-40s.
    12th year of freedom

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had my peri symptoms in the mid 30s and fibroids developed soon after and lapro hysterectomy at 40.
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678