Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Daily rinsing

Hi Everyone

I just did a rinse yesterday morning during my shower and I loved it. I think I want to do this daily but i just wanted to know if I was doing it right and if there is anything that I should be cautious of if I add daily rinses to my routine.

Thanks for your help

What I did...
    I always wrap my hair with a piece a cloth or towel to keep it from getting wet while in the shower. My hair felt dry yesterday so after I finished my shower I unwrapped my locs rinsed and messaged my scalp for 5 mins and saturated the length of my locs. Afterwards I wrapped my hair with my mircofiber towel got dressed and ready for work. When I took my towel off my hair was only slightly damp and them I put on a tam. My locs dry pretty fast and for the rest of the day my roots and my locs were super soft. I did the same routine again today love it my hair feels soo moisturized and fresh!

I don't really use a lot of product only coconut oil on my scalp (sometimes mixed with castor oil for the length) 1-2x a week.

Does this sound ok?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rinsing everyday is fine. You are doing nothing wrong.
    Last edited by Natural Stylist; 09-22-2011 at 07:21 PM.

rose8888 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair texture is a little bit on the looser side and someone on NP told me once that really frequent washing/rinsing was probably contributing to my insane frizz problem, and that seems to have been true. Just something to think about.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imho, daily rinsing is the best way to prevent dry hair & dry/itchy scalp. i've been rinsing my dreads almost everyday since day 1, for almost 21 months now - with absolutely no itchiness or dry, sad hair.

water = moisture

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot ladies i think daily rinsing is a keeper for my routine. I'm a free former so I don't mind the frizz and rinsing has given my hair moisture that daily spritzs with water never have.
    Thanks again for your comments

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water is good for your hair and scalp. No reason to fear it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rinse away baby!!
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have been rinsing daily now since summer and my hair and scalp also love it... but now with winter around the corner I am a little worried I wont be able to keep it up... Any daily rinser veterans who live in areas that get pretty cold in the winter have any issues with this? Do you rinse less often?
    http://public.fotki.com/TimidGrowth32/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rose8888 View Post
    My hair texture is a little bit on the looser side and someone on NP told me once that really frequent washing/rinsing was probably contributing to my insane frizz problem, and that seems to have been true. Just something to think about.
    This is true for me too. The weather turned cool and I skipped rinsing a couple of days and was shocked to see ALL of my frizz disappear.

Oh well...my scalp demands the frequent rinsing and washing so better make frizz my buddy.

I try to rinse as early as I can before I have to leave the house to give my hair a chance to dry. If I am applying oil, I wait until my hair is almost dry to do it because the oil slows down how fast my hair dries. If my hair is still damp I will put on a hat before I go outside and make sure I take it off when I get back inside so my hair can finish drying. It does a good job of keeping the cold air off of my scalp.

Also I have found that a sham wow--purchased at the Dollar Tree really soaked up a lot more water than my towel. I squeeze the water out and shake my hair like a dog in the shower and follow up with the sham wow. My hair is still short but it doesn't take long to dry.
    Last edited by NeverGiveup; 10-06-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    Nappy hair isn't burdensome. Dispel the myths early--blogging nappy hair care for girls.
    Blog
    Fotki
    CherishMyDaughter on YouTube and Facebook

YuYu is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TimidGrowth32 View Post
    i have been rinsing daily now since summer and my hair and scalp also love it... but now with winter around the corner I am a little worried I wont be able to keep it up... Any daily rinser veterans who live in areas that get pretty cold in the winter have any issues with this? Do you rinse less often?
    I only do this in the summer months. Winter months, I go to the once a week shampoo and stay inside on a saturday/sunday.
    I don't need a relaxer my hair is NOT stressed out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast