Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question can't get locs dry?

I washed my hair earlier today, let it air dry some, then blow dried it. I just ran my hand over the back and it still feels weirdly damp? But when I squeeze the locs, nothing comes out. The ones in the front feel fine. Should I blow dry again? Or let it air dry more? I'm just worried about sleeping on it or having things get mildew-y.

Also, if it helps, I'm not even a month in yet (my one month is this Friday). My hair is super thick and my locs are somewhat small. I used Kinky-Curly Come Clean since that was what I had on hand and used a spray on leave in conditioner that my stylist suggested.

Thanks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you put moisture retaining or oil based products on your wet locks? That's why they aren't drying. The products are causing your hair to retain the moisture. We don't talk about heat. Try letting your hair air dry. Can you sleep with your locks loose and uncovered?
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The moisturizer I used has a bit of olive oil in it, but it's mostly extracts and water, but I did put them on wet locs. I usually sleep with my hair covered with a silk scarf because I don't have a satin pillow case, but I think I'll try sleeping with them uncovered. Just a bit nervous to because I haven't done that in ages, lol. Will it affect how they loc?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One time uncovered won't have any effect on your locks. Lay the scarf out on your pillow. Next time, wash earlier to allow for more time to air dry or wait to use the product after your hair dries. Also invest in a Sham Wow type towel and use that to dry your locks and scalp.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great! Thanks so much.