Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Getting to that point where..

The tips of my hair are starting to rub against the collar of my shirt or the hoodie of my jacket causing it to break of a little.
    I Keep my hair in twists ALL the time and being in school I only get to put products in it before and after school.
    How can I prevent this from breaking my hair off? Also I live in Texas so cold weather isn't an issue right now.
    Its aggravating because I really wanna be past my shoulders by the end of this year but with this constant breakage I don't now how i'm going to do it.
    I'm not a big hat person (or beanie) and school policy doesnt except hats or beanies because they are "gang associated"

Help! Please!! (:
    Last edited by alexisbadd15; 10-06-2011 at 05:29 PM.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you carefully detangling your hair? What kind of tool do u use to detangle? Do you get alot of knots at the ends of your twist? If so, do u cut out the knot or pull it off?
    Last edited by Olahh; 10-06-2011 at 07:43 PM.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe after you put your hair in twist you can pin it into an updo. Or you can try something like her hair, she rambles at the beginning and my computer kept stopping the video so Idk if she does a how to but look at how her hair is styled

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pin your hair up! Don't let the ends rub against your shoulders or anywhere else because that will hold up your length retention, assuming you want length. Once it gets past your shoulders and hangs down your back a bit, the friction won't be as big an issue but for now, get those delicate ends off your clothes! For length, you need to keep the ends tucked away.

Way down in Texas where the wind don't blow
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a wide tooth comb and only detangle when I get ready to re twist which is every Saturday.
    And when I do detangle I always have conditioner in it so its not dry or just wet.
    If I see knots at the ends I try and cut them with shears and if I don't have any handy I try and pull them out as close the knots as possible.

My hair isn't long enough to pin up into any decent looking style. If I were to pin it up all the twists would be sticking out like nobodys business.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have beautiful hair. Try a tangle teezer as a 2nd detangling option. They sell them at Sally's Beauty supply store for $9.99. Do not detangle in sections that are too large. Also use a pair of very shap hair shears to clip out knots, ONLY when you cant undo them by hand. Do not use the hair shears to cut anything else with, only use them 4 your hair. Also it is a myth that it is best to cut hair while it is wet. It is best to cut dry strands straight across, do not hold the shears in a angle. Are you using any products with protein in it? Maybe your hair is sensitive to protein and causing excessive breakage. Also inspect the hair you shed in your detangling tools. They may be shed hairs and not so much broken hairs. The shed hairs will have a tiny white bulb at the end. Dont forget to seal your hair with a natural oil.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you wear a collared jacket, wear a silk scarf with it. Also be careful with those necklaces because they can get caught in your hair as well
    Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try that! thanks, i really want to meet my hair goal by the end of this year and this is kinda setting me back..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you wear your hair like it is in the picture? If so, then I only see a potential problem for some of the hair near the nape to get caught in your necklace. Or do you normally wear it much more stretched?

Options:

Wear it shrunken (if you can) until it's a length where you feel comfortable pinning it up.

Can you wear headbands? A cloth headband that can form a puff-like hairdo will keep the hairs on your nape away from your collar.

Texas has different climates depending on where you are, so I'm not sure what to suggest.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast