Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello
    I've been transitioning for 6 months now and I would like to try double strand twists. The problem is that with the ends being relaxed, the twists start out fall but then are flat at the ends..
    Is there anyway to make the ends look fuller and if not is there anyway to make this look work....
    i know that may sound silly to you all, but i just had to ask.
    [SIZE=1]happily knappily since July 2004

locking since January 2007

See my [url="http://public.fotki.com/jeannaboo"]growth![/url][/SIZE] update: 2/16/08

pw: ilovebobmarley

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi jeanna. I unfortunately don't have an answer for ya - but did you try posting this question in the transitioning section of the board? Maybe more folks who are experiencing this problem - or who have conquered it would have some ideas for you. i'm just bumpin this up to see if you get an answer here. Good luck.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jeannaboo

i have never tried twists on relaxed ends but i just wanted to encourage you for your transition and tell you that you'll have a head full of beautiful twists as soon as you have natural hair :rainfro

When i did the big chop (after 3 months transitionning) i think i did my first twists 2 or 3 weeks later :thumbsup they were very short but sooooooooo cute :heart :heart :heart . This was the day i realized how much i loved my natural hair :app

Don't worry
    After 8 years of locks , back to loose hair!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried it when I was transitioning and there was no way to make the ends as beautiful as the natural roots. My ends always looked thinner and they didn't hold as well.

Sankofa teaches us that we must go back to our roots to move forward.

Began transition in 1999
    100% naptural since 2001
    Still happy to be nappy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wore 2-strands during my brief transitioning period and what I HAD to do was to rod set the twists. That was the only way to keep those relaxed ends from looking all scraggly and straight.

Use small rods and setting lotion. They may not curl up tightly, so roll them up as though you were trying to make the tightest "jheri curl" on the planet!

Let them set (either under the dryer or airdry for most of the day).

At night, they may loosen, you can pin curl the ends if need be.

But all-in-all, making the twists curly on the ends was the only way "I" was able to pull off twists with my relaxed hair.

One other thing, maybe you might want to try using a non-alcohol gel to hold them better.