Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default loose curl pattern

How long did it take you folks with thick hair and a loose curl pattern for your hair to loc?
    be black, be beautiful.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey there check me out if this is the kind of hair texture u're talking bout.

http://public.fotki.com/LoxuriousBab.../dscf0212.html

I'm 7 months in my hair is def. loced, but it's in the maturing/compacting/matting phase right now.
    I really had issues with them the first trimester they would slightly unravel when I shampooed but as soon they started budding it was all good!

I do admit that I had to back comb 2 of them a bit arround the 4th month because they were really slow on the (budding process my curl pattern was too loose)but they did catch up with the others.

I think it also depends on ur starting methods!! I chose comb coils because of my texture, I had the stronggest feeling they would loc faster that way vs 2ST which I thought would put me through hell (unravellin a-l-o-t).

All in all it took me about 6 months, now don't get me wrong, I dont have the mature well permanantly and definitive strutured locks yet. I'm still fuzzy to the max.
    But my former coils r now stiff n harder to bend, and they do not unravel at all anymore, no comb can undo them!

Stay blessed.D

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ Your locs are looking fab, Loxuriousbabe!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im one yr and a little more than one month into my journey and i still have the frizzies and my hair isnt compacting.
    be black, be beautiful.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^For some hair textures, the frizzies don't go away. Nor do they get really compacted. They stay spongy. Just let your hair do it's thing. You'll be much happier if you just accept your hair.

You can try to do twist outs and braid outs to reduce the frizz some.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was your hair frizzy before you had locs?

mine was. it was frizzy when i was relaxed. it was frizzy when i was natural. and, surprise surprise, it's frizzy now that i'm locked.

sometimes, you just have to accept frizz. you seem to be very impatient with your journey. trust me, i have been there. you have to learn to relax and enjoy the ride.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, i remember telling you (it was you, right? i remember your lovely face) that as long as there is that compacted part in the middle of each (or most of) your locs, then it is locking. that's the first phase. that means it's not coming aloose any more.

it may come aloose at the roots (slippage) and come aloose at the ends (some curly textures never lock at the end) but as long as the middle budding is there, then it's starting to loc. I thought you said that was there. When you post, you make it sound like your locs are still the exact same as they were the day you started them.

which, by the way, do you have any pictures of your locs from the first day you started them? Because sometimes comparing your own pictures help you see how far you have come, which you won't be able to see unless you take a moment and really look back.

Also, before you start locs, you have to take a serious look at your hair texture. Not what you want it to look like when it's done locking, but what it looks like now, and be realistic about how your hair is going to loc. it's well known that looser hair textures will take a while to lock, most of the time. Over a year, for some even 2 years. If you have looser hair texture, you have to go into it knowing that it may take 2 years, and not try to stress over it.

Because in all honesty, you seem to be stressing over it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive been venting for a while now lol. I always say im going to be patient and then I freak out and have a melt down lol. My middle is compacting but its the ends that are willy nilly. and frizzy and i have a lot of stray hairs that have never gotten into the loc if that makes any sense. i am stressing.

thanx guys youre really helping me right now. i have dreams about cutting my hair and then other days i love it and some it looks flat dry and dull. but im going to try to realize that my locs will take a little longer to actually compact and what not
    be black, be beautiful.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just really needed some encouragement...
    be black, be beautiful.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good advice given so far, OP. This coming from someone who knows that if she chose to loc, knowing that she has softer, looser hair up top, it would take a long time. I knew that four years ago before I went to a Sisterlocks consult. Ya gotta accept it....and learn to love it. Now I decided not to loc, however. I figured out I like fussing with my loose hair too much!!

Hang in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast