Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face ANY TIPS FOR A BEGINNER With EXTRA DRY LOCS

I know how to moisturize loose natural hair, but I know nothing about the loc world. Any tips you can give me that you think are important to know?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the same hair. The only thing is that you have to be mindful of buildup. Thick, heavy products generally are not good. Use lighter products. Don't use too much heavy oil. Look for water based moisturizers.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many people like using pure aloe vera gel or jojoba oil for dry locs. I assume you have mature locs because I wouldn't necessarily suggest these things for baby locs.

Personally, I just use water to moisturize my hair daily. I spritz it in the morning and go. It does the trick.
    My Natural Hair Blog

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spritz with water most days. If I need a little extra something, I put about a dime sized amount of jojoba or olive oil in my hands and distribute it throughout my locs after spritzing. Usually the water helps with that dry feeling. I am 3 months into my journey.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a huge fan of Oyin Greg juice. It is incredibly moisturizing, light, and easily absorbed by my hair. This is the only thing. I found to help my dryness issues. I don't really use any commercial products but this is a keeper for me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been locked for 3 years now, and since my locks are more mature, they dry out more. Especially on the ends. This has been my routine for the last year, and it's been working so far.

1.I sleep in a nylon head wrap made for locks (http://www.dreadsock.com/) to keep my locks from drying out and getting frizzy.

2. In the morning I tie my hair up in a ponytail before I shower. The moisture from the water helps to soften my locks. I don't saturate my locks with water in the shower, because they take too long to dry, and I have to go to work.

3. If they're still too dry, then I'll spritz my hair with my homemade moisturizer, that consists of water, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, vegetable glycerin, and lemongrass essential oil. I saturate the locks until they're damp, but not wet. This usually keeps them soft for about 3 days.

4. I also massage my scalp as needed, to get the oils from my scalp though my hair.

5. I also spritz my hair with plain water if they get dry throughout the day.

That's it!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thread right about this one(orange)is full of gr8 tips on dry locks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your tips, I will began using them today

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank u so much, i copied this into my notes

Quote Originally Posted by 98locks View Post
    I've been locked for 3 years now, and since my locks are more mature, they dry out more. Especially on the ends. This has been my routine for the last year, and it's been working so far.

1.I sleep in a nylon head wrap made for locks (http://www.dreadsock.com/) to keep my locks from drying out and getting frizzy.

2. In the morning I tie my hair up in a ponytail before I shower. The moisture from the water helps to soften my locks. I don't saturate my locks with water in the shower, because they take too long to dry, and I have to go to work.

3. If they're still too dry, then I'll spritz my hair with my homemade moisturizer, that consists of water, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, vegetable glycerin, and lemongrass essential oil. I saturate the locks until they're damp, but not wet. This usually keeps them soft for about 3 days.

4. I also massage my scalp as needed, to get the oils from my scalp though my hair.

5. I also spritz my hair with plain water if they get dry throughout the day.

That's it!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My locks have been feeling "crunchy" lately so last night I made an egg yolk treatment (tx) and slept in it. The tx was a mixture of 1 egg yolk, a healthy squeeze of Honey, some Olive Oil and some Magnesium oil. Nothing was measured, but I had to stretch the only yolk I had. I applied this from tip to near the root; I use conditioner in the scalp area. My locs and new growth feel sooo much better and healthier today. :-)
    My Blog: http://locability.blogspot.com
    IT'S NOT ENOUGH TO REGISTER and VOTE; your DONATIONS are an important part of the process too. (Even those who CAN'T vote, CAN DONATE; remember MONEY TALKS!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast