Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't use any kind of heat, b/c my hair is already so dry.
    ~Sanity is Subversive~

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities~ Voltaire

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I wear my hair out, it does not retain moisture as well as it does when I wear protective styles. I can go 1 week without moisturizing my hair in PS's, while I have to moisturize my hair more frequently in loose styles.

Maybe you need to try wearing ps's for a while and see if that helps with your moisture issues...
    Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passing through..just wanted to recommend: clarifying shampoo/sulfate shampoo (in case build up may be an issue), water based leave-in, castor oil to seal in moisture from leave in

I have great results with this, however i have been sealing with grease...Blue Magic Organics Castor oil. My hair is soft and shiny for about three days...I have to wash then because I have an itchy scalp..which has gotten better with the use of Sulfur 8/Glovers...

edited to add: I have found that coconut oil is better as a pre-poo treatment than a sealer for my 4b porous hair. Also shea moisture products just sat on my hair. The only thing that works for my hair from that line is the purification masque <awesome detangling and clarifying product>
    Last edited by delta98; 11-16-2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: additional info
    <<<been here since 2003>>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I was having dry hair when my ends seemed very bushy but I did the kimmaytube leave in and after a couple of weeks my ends started to retain moisture and curl up better. The secret to that was Aloe Vera juice. Now be warned it acts like a protein so too much will make hair crunchy. Also you can try baggying do the search and some threads should pop up for that. And for my DC I use honey and bananas. And if I need a leave-in (when I'm too lazy to DC) I use kinky curly knot today.
    "I live, I love, I slay and I am content"-Conan

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that I do not do is DC (actually never). What can I use to do this? Winter time and my hair is extra thick (im not sure the type of hair I have) but it gets dry within a day. No matter what I put in them.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your hair could hate coconut oil (I swear by it but my sister's hair repels it like the devil), and perhaps you should DC more! One thing that's helped me tremendously with dryness was spritzing my hair (VERY lightly) with water, sealing heavily with castor oil, and sleeping with a plastic cap on. This is the first thing I go to when my hair is being super difficult, every time I do it my hair feels completely transformed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Au Napptural...thanks for the initial comment. Ladies thanks for the all the options.
    My hair sounds close to AN...and having dreadlocks..yeah. Still searching for something that will alleviate this dryness! I use olive, coconut oil..aloe vera gel...tea tree oil because my hair tends to like it and it combats mildew cause I walk/run everyday and my hair dries s l o w l y. So I will be trying the castor oil.
    My heart is spoken for.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baggying might be helpful.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair is fine too and I tried to use coconut oil. It makes my hair feel hard and dry. Maybe it is the coconut oil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12