Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^SMDH Thank God I had G4TV for a minute, it had a serious tech show where I learned a lot.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's nothing to pay extra for. If you already have internet in your home, all you need to do is buy a router (cheap) to "create" your own WiFi at home.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^You and I know that. Clearly the internet providers on counting on people to not know these things.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreative
    I have cable internet also. I just bought a third party router, instant (free) wifi because their option was too expensive. Ignore the threats from your cable company about not supporting it. I used to work for one of those companies. Just disconnect the router when you need assistance and don't tell them about it lol.
    They always want to rent you equipment so you can pay for it 1000 times. I remember how we discovered that my father was still renting a phone when he died.

The wireless portion of a router is usually the first (and only) thing to break. When my cable wireless Internet acts up, I check equipment directly connected into the router. If the directly connected stuff doesn't have internet, (and I've recycled everything), I call the cable co and get a credit for my phone and Internet outage. Comcast has regular, daily, outages and if you catch it, they will credit you for that entire day. One month, i got over $20 worth of credits. If I could get an app that could alert me to the outages, I'd call everyday and get free phone and Internet.

Back on topic: I'm glad y'all are getting your Fires because maybe Amazon will add some new movies to their Prime list.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine came yesterday -- I've never had one (or any tablet) before. So far I've watched a movie and TV sitcom episode through Amazon Prime, which I had already; they really need to expand their offerings in this area to make it worthwhile for new members to sign up. I've also watched a TV show via Youtube. Love the clarity and quick loading but would like a way to lock the orientation -- there may be and I haven't found it yet -- because I didn't like how it slipped from landscape to portrait if my hand tipped a little.

I like how the few apps that I've used have worked (e.g., Facebook, Zillow). I miss the breadth of my iPhone apps, but again have to poke around more.

I have loads of e-books gifted from a friend *whistling innocently* so I need to figure out how to upload them to the Kindle.
    The search function (located above in the links with "User CP") will provide you with a wealth of knowledge, advice, thought-provoking ideas, and hilarity. Check it out!

Last Chemical Fire Cream: February 2001 * Transition Style: Extension braids * BC: November 2001 * Joined Nappturality: December 2002 * Characteristics: mostly coils and undefined naps with patches of straight hair and curls; fine; thin-ish; highly porous; shrinky!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^Yeah it is "satisfactory" for me for now. They have a "rent a movie option" that I don't expect to use and you can buy tv episodes at $1.99. I can't think of a show I would want to see more than one episode of though (sad lol).

You can get the free app of the day here.

http://www.new-daily-free-ebooks.com...lable-for.html

It is mostly fiction but they had some non-fiction options once that had me cheering. I'm always on the prowl for free . I'll post more as I come across them.
    Only a people who haven't learned how to respect themselves will let someone suggest or suggest themselves that they forget about their history. Dr. Frances Cress Welsing

Dani F is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link, I just downloaded some free books!
    Last relaxer: March 2010
    100% natural: September 20, 2011

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THX Kreative for the info...I'm not very techno-savvy but I was hoping there was a way around this situation. Technology has taken over my life and my $$$$$$$.
    BC'd: June 2010
    Last perm: End of 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got mine on Tuesday and I love it! It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be, but the picture is crystal clear and web browsing is super fast. (We have it connected to our home Wi-Fi.) I saw a recipe I wanted to try last night and all I had to do was bring it into the kitchen.
    Selena - JW/ASL writer wifey to J and homeschooling mom to S, L, J, and S

Follow our homeschooling adventures at Look! We're Learning!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karibana View Post
    ^You and I know that. Clearly the internet providers on counting on people to not know these things.
    They really are. My mother got caught by this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast