Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kindle Fire Owners, Tell us what you think

I preordered my Kindle Fire on September 28th and I have waited patiently anticipating its arrival. I live right up the road from the Amazon distribution center that was sending them out so I received my email announcing shipment yesterday and my Kindle today.

I only played with it briefly. I'll have a more indepth analysis after I have played with it more but here is my initial observation and impression:

It feels very solid in my hand. The backing is just like the HTC Evo so I already knows that means I won't be able to scratch or nick it up which is a definite plus for me. The glass is gorilla glass. I'm hell on devices and despite wear and tear I haven't scratched the glass on my HTC Hero yet...the rest of it is in deplorable condition though lol.

There are no external volume buttons (a minus) but the on board sound is pretty decent and loud. When held correctly the power is at the top so accidentally hitting it would be difficult (a plus).

It is thin, a definite plus for me.

I tried out the video, a movie. FANTASTIC images. It comes with one month of Prime so I've already found some movies the kids can watch in the car on road trips. It is WIFI only but my husband's Evo has tethering so that isn't a negative for us but may be for others.

The first app I got was Pandora which was as expected. My entire book collection is there with ease. Maneuvering around was easy to figure out without reading a manual (thank goodness). I downloaded a few more but haven't tried them yet.

When I get home I'm going to hook it up to my computer and get my music collection on board. I think it acts like an external to your computer...I'll find out soon enough.

The glare is atrocious. I will definitely invest in the antiglare coverings for it.

I don't own a tablet of any sort so my review is strictly from the viewpoint of someone just entering the tablet world.

I wish it had a microphone. I can live without a camera but being able to voice record with it would have been awesome. It takes a lot of apps out of the equation for me too.

So far I love it. My husband is playing with it now. I ordered his yesterday but his email just came through so he'll have his tomorrow.

I dont' agree with them shipping to us before others who may have pre-ordered months ago but like I said we are in close proximity so I'm sure that probably played a big part. A lot of people on the amazon boards were complaining about Amazon not keeping their word in that regard with those just ordering getting their Kindles before those who pre-ordered.
    Last edited by Kreative; 11-15-2011 at 08:53 PM.
    Only a people who haven't learned how to respect themselves will let someone suggest or suggest themselves that they forget about their history. Dr. Frances Cress Welsing