Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They sent me an email basically saying "ish or get off the pot" , so I guess I'll do mine and my husband's this weekend...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I just received my results:
    Africa 84%
    Europe 13%
    Asia 3%
    Haplogroup: L2C2

.... The haplogroup is especially common among the Mandenka of Senegal, who carry L2c at levels of 40%, and neighboring populations from Guinea-Bissau, where it averages about 16%, and Mali, at about 11%....

The presence of L2c among African Americans, who carry the haplogroup at a rate of about 5%, is probably due to its concentration in West Africa, which was the main supply region for the Atlantic slave trade. L2c also appears in Caribbean populations, especially in the Dominican Republic, and in Brazil, where it reaches 10% among people with African ancestry and 3% in the population as a whole.

Slave trading by Portuguese settlers during the 15th century carried L2c to islands off Africa's coast. About 5% of Forros, the descendants of slaves imported to the islands of Sao Tome and Principe, carry the L2c haplogroup. L2c is even more common in the Cape Verde islands, where it reaches levels of about 16%.
    My relative finder won't be available for another week.

ETA: This information is really generic. I would have been pissed if I had paid money for this!
    Last edited by Mojito Chica; 03-16-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my results:
    Africa: 59%
    Europe: 37%
    Asian: 3%

Maternal Haplogroup: L3b

Introduction Haplogroup L3 has played a pivotal role in the history of the human species. Soon after the haplogroup arose in eastern Africa about 60,000 years ago a relatively small number of migrants carried it across the Red Sea to Arabia, inaugurating an intercontinental migration that eventually settled every major land mass on Earth except Antarctica. That small group also gave rise to every non-African haplogroup.
    L3 has also been mobile within Africa, spreading south with migrations of Bantu-speaking populations over the past few thousand years. The Atlantic slave trade carried it to the Americas as well; various branches of L3 are found today among more than 25% of the African American population.
    Haplogroup L3b The Ice Age expansion of the polar ice sheets played a critical role in the history of L3b, even though the haplogroup's distribution did not expand far beyond the African continent until the era of slavery. Climate changes associated with the Ice Age brought dramatic cooling and drying in Africa and an expansion of the Sahara Desert about 22,000 years ago, when haplogroup L3b arose in western Africa. But when the Ice Age subsided about 10,000 years later the Sahara became much more hospitable. Migrants carried L3b all the way to the Mediterranean coast and even into the Near East, passing through well-vegetated landscapes that are nothing but sand dunes today. Now L3b is most common in western, northern and northeastern Africa. It is also found among African Americans.
    I won't know my paternal haplogroup unless I could get my brother or nephew to do it. I may try to talk on of them into it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way most black people constantly talk about having Native American in their family, I'm surprised there have not been any Native American found in any of these findings so far. Just a little surprised.
    Never Underestimate ANYONE

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serbbral, I think 23andme interprets Native American as Asian.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought my deadline was 4/30 and it was actually 3/30 - I still sent it in but I'm not sure if they'll analyze it and send me results or not

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did this a while ago, and just found this thread. Anyway, here they go:

African 72%
    European 24%
    Asian 4%

Haplogroup: L3f1b4
    If I say napptural and you say natural, we're talking about the same thing-differently. But if I say natural and you say re.laxer, then one of us is f*ckin wrong.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an L0a2a2 with 77% African, 20% European, 4%Asian...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my results!

Africa 82%
    Europe 15%
    Asia 4%
    L1c3b1a haplogroup

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I participated in their free promotion earlier this year and this is my haplogroup: L1b1a (Nigerian & Guinean)

Tons of distant relatives found...a fabulous experience.

I recently received an email from them stating they would try to open the free promotion again asap, if possible. So be on the lookout if you missed this opportunity.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast