24 and 25 ..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically 24 and 25 for me. And kinda sorta 19 as well, I'm allowed to wear civilian attire on Fridays and I refuse to schlep.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CinnamonBiscuit View Post
    Dressing up is NOT practical OR comfortable. So, I'll just keep dressing like I do.
    I knew you would come in here and do this .
    Actually dressing up is VERY practical and it CAN be comfortable thx to alot of man-made fabrics these days (i.e. polyester knit). Just look at how people dressed throughout history, even those who didn't have much money. People used to dress up back in the day and now, people have fallen into heavy comfort wearing jeans and flip flops all the damn time. Well, you can definitely still wear the jeans, but spruce it up a bit it with inexpensive accessories.

Life is too short to be looking drab all of the damn time. People often say they'll wait until they have a special occassion to go to to wear something fancy. Well, you don't know if that opportunity will ever come, so why not do it now?!

4. Likes NaturalDiva03 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen KB-try working on a college campus where all you see is a steady stream of yoga pants, sweatshirts, and ugg boots on girls and sweats on boys. SMDH

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Where can you find me?
    Twitter: @TheDrIsIn2015
    On the Web: https://opinionsmusingsandreflections.wordpress.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CinnamonBiscuit View Post
    Dressing up is NOT practical OR comfortable. So, I'll just keep dressing like I do.
    I'm with you Exotica. I am ALWAYS more comfy in my loose jeans, yoga pants, wife beaters, sweatshirts, etc. than I am in "dressy" clothes. Most people I know (including myself) dress up because they feel they have to in order to make an impression. I'm most happy with myself when I'm able to get over making an impression on others and just be comfortable for myself.
    the artist formerly known as Electra

7. Likes Vavoon liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ladies missed the point, it's not about making an impression on/for others. IT'S FOR YOURSELF! It brings the inner confidence out of you.

If you ladies feel glorious in bummy sweats and jeans, so be it. However there's those of us who enjoy feeling fab for OURSELVES without there being a reason to.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KB
    You ladies missed the point, it's not about making an impression on/for others. IT'S FOR YOURSELF! It brings the inner confidence out of you.

If you ladies feel glorious in bummy sweats and jeans, so be it. However there's those of us who enjoy feeling fab for OURSELVES without there being a reason to.
    Yes!!

I have started making a point to dress up again. With my job I am not allowed to wear jewelry or nail polish. I have to wear a hard hat so I can not do much to my hair. I wear jeans and large t shirts at work cause I can get dirty. I started not dressing up unless I was going somewhere.

I make it a point on my days off to wear my jewelry and at least lipstick. I keep my toe nails polished and change the color up more often.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so in this line! and am taking it a bit further. I love the 50's dresses...the everyday ones..make you look dressed all the time and classy sexy!

KB you are the cat's whiskers..I like how you think girl. For me, getting dressed and a touch of make up just makes me feel so good.
    My heart is spoken for.

11. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post

What she said.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KB

I'm EvesDilemma and I approve this message!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Where can you find me?
    Twitter: @TheDrIsIn2015
    On the Web: https://opinionsmusingsandreflections.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast