Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe I missed this thread the first time around. I've always enjoyed putting myself together and dressing up for no damn reason. This is one aspect of my of my life that I've always had on lock. I dress for me! I couldn't care less about what anyone else is doing. You don't have to wear an evening gown to dress up. Sometimes it's just about wearing a bold lip colour or playing up your eyes. Sometimes even fun nail polish makes me feel dressed up. I've always maintained that you don't have to be over the top to look pulled together and make a statement. There are times when that is fun as well, but generally speaking folks can be comfy and still make a statement. It's all in the details.

2. Likes Karibana, dayna, Sohful1, KB, Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love looking good! I try to instill it in my daughter also. I tell her you should always leave the house looking good no matter where you're going. It's not for them but for you. It finally paid off one day when she saw this girl who bullied her in school. My daughter was on point and the other girl no so much. She wouldn't even make eye contact with my daughter and high tailed it out of the store...lol.

I love colors therefore my dresses and shirts get me compliments all the time...and being natural is a plus .
    "Don't ever think I fell for you, or over you. I didn't fall in love, I rose in it. I saw you and made up my mind". Toni Morrison

4. Likes KB, uzuri liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I instill in this into my daughter as well! Always step out as if you're going somewhere! I wear a uniform 5 days out the week so when I have the chance to switch from my combat boots to pumps I do.
    Just want to say thank you to my fairy PANKGodmother for making me PANK!Time to update my ignore list

6. Likes Sohful1 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I will do is wear foundation and spunky eyeshadow to work. Cute outfits too. Teachers can look fab too. We can quietly make a statement.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to add #27 to this list as well.

Because when I left the house this morning, I felt pretty!

I have NEVER felt pretty going to work. I have loved the way my hair looked, but everything else was lacking! Now that I have a new position at my job, I get to wear clothes as pretty as I want, make up and I can paint my nails! I love it and I feel so so pretty!

9. Likes Lockolatte, Sohful1 liked this post
    Onnica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I wear a uniform to work so I enjoy putting effort into how I present when I go to social occasions. For running errands and going to the grocery store I am very comfy in whatever I threw on that is decent. If I take the time to use a bit of liner, a touch of gloss and don't have on those awful pajama bottoms that some are wearing in public now, I get by as someone who cares about self. I clean-up nicely. Some people do not need the confidence boost of beautifying outwardly for themselves or others. They already have the self esteem they need to be comfy be it plain without the effort of being fashion forward. We all have different things that make us feel at our best. I can relate to both. It's also very freeing to not give in to societal pressures to be fashionistas all the time. That last statement only applys to those that do so for such reasons. Peace and Blessings.
    Last edited by Onnica; 11-02-2013 at 06:03 AM.

11. Likes Sohful1 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really late to this party. My mother worked in the fashion industry, so she was always making clothes and adding accessories. I love to dress up. Every morning I feel like a little girl playing dress-up. I found on style of dress that flatters my figure most, so I have bought it in variations of color and pattern. I also love dressing up for church. It's just my thing. This is not to put down anyone who chooses to dress casually. Dressing up makes me feel like I'm on top of my game.
    la vida es un carnaval.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like these reasons. I've been wanting to do this and especially to wear more bright, bright colors. I love how fuschia, aqua, white and other loud colors look on dark, dark skin . I think it's the most beautiful thing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345