Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown.Beautiful View Post
    Well ladies, clearly, I'm playing games. You ladies are no joke! I need to tighten up my process asap. My hair takes QUITE too long after hearing all of this...

Hey lady! I think that as time goes on, your routine might take you less time. FOR ME- Shampoo and condition and section takes about 2 hrs or so total. Now, I have spent 3 hrs on wash day, because of tangles and what not. It depends on WHAT I am using. I recently conditioned my hair and then put it into sections and the RINSED the SECTIONS, which helped because my hair was not all out and wet sans conditioner. I simply use VO5 as my "slip". I am going to keep doing that, as it seems to work.
    Visit my blog: fragilehaircare-gilroygal.blogspot.com
    I share about my natural hair happenings, lessons, and experiences.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I omitted the VO5 step, and it only took one hour. I DID use the VO5 and comb it through in the shower (never again, too much breakage and did NOTHING for my hair), but the actual detangling and sectioning process only took one hour! I applied moisturizer to each section, gently combed through and then twisted each section.
    Visit my blog: fragilehaircare-gilroygal.blogspot.com
    I share about my natural hair happenings, lessons, and experiences.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spend MAYBE 15 hours a month which is mostly in washing and/or rinsing my hair. I only re-tighten every 3 or 4 months. I might spray (from my spray bottle) to moisturize my locks once a week.
    The rest goes towards coloring or styling...very rarely do I actually "style" my hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was doing twistouts, now all this is done in the shower: 20-30 mins. I usually have about 16 twists in my hair prior to getting in the shower. I will release each twist, put conditioner in it and move onto the next. Once I have done the very last one, I will go to the first one and untwist, detangle with my fingers all under the shower water pressure and retwist. Once done, I throw a t-shirt on my hair and sleep like that. In the morning, I just release the twists. I was doing this every three days.

My long sessions come once a month when I color my hair and detangle with a tool. This is a process...UGH. I twist in the same 16 twists. I will wash and detangle my hair, deep condition my hair. Then I will put the color in, let it sit for about 45 mins. Then I will rinse out each section. I usually put Kimmaytube's leave-in conditioner retwist for the twist out. This process can take 4-5 hours.

Now that the winter is upon us. I have decided to rock mini two-strand twists until May. So now it is a two-day process. I will do every thing I mentioned in my monthly routine. Except I will put in the mini twists. This is my first month doing this. It took me about 8 hours to put in with breaks...cooking, eating, etc. This is my third week with the mini twists. I plan on keeping them in for a month, then do my process and retwist. I want to stretch my hair and take pics so I can get a good starting point and will be able to document my progress once May comes around.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@TheSuperCoya OMG your hair has grown so much! I remember your BC! (creepin haha)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dedicate my Sunday afternoons or early evenings to hair care. That's when I wash, deep condition, and style (usually I'm getting ready for bed in the process). I'm mostly rocking twist-outs now, so I just twist, sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes, and then go to bed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm transitioning, so I dunno if I count, but I probably spend about two to three hours per week? All of my hair care time is concentrated on weekends- usually Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I wash, detangle, and set for Monday, and then I rock my braid/twist out/bantu Knot-out for the rest of the week unless something goes horribly wrong with it and it needs to be strapped down and reset again. (My hair does that sometimes...)
    I can't wait to chop of my relaxed ends though, because they make my hair care routine that much more difficult. I've only got an inch and a half to two inches of hair under them, and I'm half way through my third month of transitioning and I'm already feeling the strain of two textures. If I cut my ends now, I'd cut my time down to maybe 85 minutes or so?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am off 2 days a week and 1 of those days is for my locs and me. It take about 3 hours to shower, and wash and retwist my locs. Thank goodness for cable.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my hair is quite short but i wash, condition, add product and brush it a bit so in total i guess i spend about 10 to 15 minutes a day doing my hair.

when it was longer i'd say 6 to 8 hours a week.
    sometimes less but i don't think i looked as nice.
    which is why i cut it off.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lock head poppin in to say...MAYBE..1 minute. 5 on a bad day....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast