Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the beginning of my "healthy hair journey" or whatever I would cowash nightly and spend no less than an hour just playing in my hair. Now most of the thrill is gone and I just want to keep it as simple as possible. I cowash and retwist for a twist out (or braidout) about 2 times a week, sleep with it in a high puff and refluff in the morning. Now that it's winter it's even less than that, I just shove my PS under a hat. Wash days are my only exception. The entire process takes about 4-6 hours. That's my prepoo, shampoo, DC, detangling, and styling for the week.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YuYu View Post
    When I was loose, it took about 20 minutes each night and about 10 in the mornings. I would dampen, apply a little shea butter and finger detangle and braid in sections (think young Ceily) each night. In the morning take them out, finger fluff and put in a puff.
    This is pretty much where I'm at right now except that I use oil instead of shea butter, I'll either twist or braid, and I wear a 'fro most days. I'll puff it only if the 'fro isn't cooperating.

This morning I timed myself and it took me just over 6 minutes to take my twists down and pick my hair out. (patting myself on the back)

I'm about to experiment with nightly wetting (as opposed to spritzing/dampening), though. Rinse every night, co-wash every 3-4 nights.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wash and condition and braid my hair up in 8-12 braids or set in a style, on Sundays and it takes anywhere from 1/2 hour to three hrs depending on what I'm doing. Throughout the week, I moisturize my hair about every three days, and also put my hair in 8-12 twist nightly, which takes about 3 mins. In the mornings, I take down the twist and fluff my hair or wear an up-do which takes appropriately 5-10 minutes total.
    I am my hair and my hair is me, God gave it to me the way he wanted it to be, so I am here now sporting it, for the rest of the world to see! NiceNapLady

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ladies, clearly, I'm playing games. You ladies are no joke! I need to tighten up my process asap. My hair takes QUITE too long after hearing all of this...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wash/DC/Detangle every week takes anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours then style. Style time varies but the longest its ever takne me to do two strand twists was 4 hours max. During the week if I am not wearing twists I will make bigger twists at night (30 min-hour) and take them down in the morning and fluff and go (10 minutes) A puff only takes me like 5 min to do. I mean it just so varied. Either way I don't care how long it takes me I enjoy my hair and like styling it, even on my 14.5 hour work days. The only time I hate doing my hair is if I am sick.
    Last Time Flat Ironing mid-April 2010
    Big Chopmid-June 2010~have not looked back since.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone has said what I would say. My recommendation is to figure out how you can reduce tangles. (My hair tangles like crazy) It's the detangling process that can stretch out hairwashing. I used to spend 2 hours, EASILY. To change that, I now wear braids most of the time (no extensions) - so protective styling that I can wash. When my hair is open (unbraided) and it's time for a wash, I detangle before washing (on damp hair), put my hair into loose braids and wash it like that. Lots of NPers do this. It has been miraculous for me.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also pressed for time. Sunday nite's my TLC (wash, condition, hot oil trmnt) time with my hair. But on the daily, I put about 12-15 dry(being that it is winter)two strand twist in my hair everynite using my butter or/and oil. I may leave them (pin in updo) or take them out and style. Remember, bobby pins can be one of your bf! Also when I'm trying to fall asleep, I massage my scalp.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bobby Pins are the BOMB. Oh, yes.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* I'm still trying to get my time down. I only do my hair every 2 weeks (at most). This is because I do lots of protective styling because my hair does not do well while loose for even short periods of time due to shrinkage.

I must keep my hair stretched or in protective styles in order to retain length and to cut down on tangles and breakage. My strands are EXTREMELY curly and do not stay well-put even in the most rigid protective styles. It is very easily tangled, therefore my wash day(s) look like this:

Day 1(night) - 10 mins
    Prepoo overnight with Olive/Coconut Oil. 70/30 respect. (10 mins to apply oils)

Day 2(evening-after work) - 3 hours
    wash, condition, and deep condition (1.5 hours - 1/2 hr to wash/conditioner, deep conditioner for an hr. After deep conditioning, I will put my hair into about 15 plaits to stretch my hair overnight. I detangle while I am braiding. (This probably take an 1-1.5 hours due to the detangling in between).

Day 3(evening-after work) - 3/4 hours
    I will style my hair into whatever style I'm going to wear. This steps takes anywhere from 2-4 hours (I've gotten better).

I am experimenting to make it shorter, and it's definitely getting better.

Just to give an example of my extremely curly hair is:

BC'd: July 20, 2010
    Natural Hair/Personal Blog: http://imanaturalblackgirl.blogspot.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so those pictures don't do justice.....lol They need to be bigger! Maybe a shrinkage photo?

and this is on damp hair, not even fully dry!!!!
    BC'd: July 20, 2010
    Natural Hair/Personal Blog: http://imanaturalblackgirl.blogspot.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast