Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wearing my natural hair to school for the 1st time

next week i plan on wearing my natural hair to school fot the 1st time i transitoned with braids quick weaves and sew ins for a year . When i did BC I still wore the same thing so next week i plan on wearing some braids in the front with twist out in the back im sooooo nervous plz give me some advice.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats! Just be you and wear it like it's the most NATURAL and BEAUTIFUL thing in the world. Don't make a big deal out of it and most likely other's will follow your lead.

I remember when my niece, who was in middle school had gotten her hair pressed and wore her hair to school like that for the first time. She'd been natural all her life and so wearing he natural hair never fazed her one way or the other. She came over and we asked her how the kids reacted to her hair. She said one kid, a boy, told her, "So, yo hair is still nappy."

Her come back was "So what, yours is too!" Shortly thereafter, she got her hair washed and her amazing puff was back. She went about her natural business with no problem.

Now assuming you're older than she was, like perhaps you're in high school, I do know how imature kids can act no matter their age. Just be ready to ignore the foolishness, and if you can't be ready with some pithy come backs of your own. LOL!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 12-10-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was in high school, I wore my hair in a similar style - twists in the front, puff in the back. You are so cute, and I'm sure your hair is just as beautiful! You deserve to enjoy wearing your hair however you like. Have fun (and if some kids wanna ack stoopid, do like Napia Mia says and have some comebacks at your disposal)!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was nervous on my first day to , when my hair was barely 2 inches , no one made a big deal about it , i got complements , and girls who were afraid to rock their natural hair praised me..you'll be fine

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Jcb, when I first revealed my new hair, I realized I gave myself near heart palpitations for NO REASON because NOBODY CARED lol of course my friends ask questions but other than that, everyone pretty much went about their business around me without looking at me twice lol