Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watching this now LOVE all the juice bars in NYC. I so wish we had places like this here. We have Jamba Juice what a joke.

Ok I am crying like a baby. As soon as they showed the truck driver running I lost it. He couldn't hardly walk now he is running.
    Last edited by jorjeni; 12-28-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched this last night with my wife and am totally inspired as well. I'm thinking about starting the new year with a reboot.
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the documentary. Marketing ploy or no I found it fascinating. It was good to follow his journey and see his progress and then see how it helped someone else get healthy, fit and active. It also inspired me to ramp up my veggies even more.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when the black dude said "I eat fruits and veggies in moderation" it was funny and sad at the same time.... I've been eating clean the past few days and I feel SO MUCH BETTER, less heavy and sluggish. I'm definitely going to choose a day where I juice ONLY, prolly Saturday or Sunday....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a great movie. I'm looking to buy a juicer and incorporate juicing into my diet. Probably not as extreme as them but perhaps for breakfast.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed it. And I think this would be a good way for me to incorporate more veggies with out feeling overwhelmed about how much food I'm eating.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my juicer. I've been juicing all week and I plan to do a juice fast for a few days then slowly cut a lot of junk out that I've been eating.

Glad to see this inspired some of you. Here's to more fruits and veggies in 2012. Juice is in my glass

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone is interested in doing a 60 day reboot, this lady is leading one on Youtube/Facebook. She has a series of videos on why you should juice, on sabotage, detox, pre-planning, etc.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Omaha. Yes Black people live here...a few at least
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Thanks for the video! I recently saw this documentary on Netflix. I will probably watch it tonight while at work. Give me something to do...
    "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."

Twitter me this: http://twitter.com/DivaNTransition

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, what he's talking about though isn't new or even surprising. When I'm at my best, I'm sort of a health nut eater who indulges in southern food every once in awhile as that's my background. Now it's worse because I have other foods that I really love too. I don't buy processed foods if I can avoid that. I started that in college. I've mentioned it in threads here before, but I try to stick with shopping the perimeter of grocery stores. The perimeter is where you find the fresh stuff that's good for you. I do pop into the aisle for pantry items and stock items. I'm also coming off of a VERY unhealthy diet when I lived in NYC, so the quality of my diet is now going back up. However, fresh juices are great. My issue is I can't drink too many sweet juices but fresh veggie juices are my favorites.

I'd love to go raw, but I really do like to sit down to a cooked meal.

I do like that when he was in NYC he was up in Harlem. I know exactly where he did, at least, one of those on-the-street interviews and I've passed that juice bar a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    I respect what he did. My only question is why didn't he do his journey in Australia. In the opening, there was a headline that said Australians are as fat as Americans.
    Did you not notice the Qantas plug at the start of the documentary? Qantas isn't going to help him finance this film if he's going to fly from Sydney to Perth. I think that's one reason.

60 days in the USA with one month in NYC and another driving across the country isn't cheap. Add in the consultations with the US-based doctor and getting his blood draw every 10 days, that's not cheap.

I'm only about 25 minutes into the film, but it does seem that he spends a fair amount of time in the US. We've exported our lifestyle or, maybe more accurate, other countries really do think our lifestyle is the way to go. I was surprised to see big box mega stores in Asia and Costcos (and this was in 2000 when I arrived). (I wasn't quite as surprised to see them in Europe though.) They all also had the same processed junk that's killing us.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast