Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, the documentary

Just wanted to share, sorry if it's been posted already.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat...nd-nearly-dead

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i watched a part of this on netflix, so i dont know how it ended. i want to incorporate something like that in my diet what were your thoughts on it?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I caught this during the summer on Netflix (I was on maternity leave and on a documentary binge)! Great doc, halfway started juicing until MIL left town to go back home. She's back now and brought her Breville with her, so the family will more than likely start back juicing - Yayyyyyyy!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respect what he did. My only question is why didn't he do his journey in Australia. In the opening, there was a headline that said Australians are as fat as Americans.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great film and very educational! I really enjoyed it. I'm planning on adding it to my video library collection.
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    I respect what he did. My only question is why didn't he do his journey in Australia. In the opening, there was a headline that said Australians are as fat as Americans.
    He said america is like his second home and we are the land of food.
    Instigating and waiting for the REVOLUTION to begin!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soapinphilly View Post
    He said america is like his second home and we are the land of food.
    Ditto that (shocked!) - but he did spend most of his formative years in the US and he showed how for the majority of major cities the food temptations are just IN.YOUR.FACE! If he did it in Australia the first thing out of most American's mouths would've been "SMH, great story but it's just not the same here in the US!"

To clarify - I'm totally NOT giving anyone a "pass" to be gluttonous or saying that people are unable to overcome temptations (I actually have very strong opinions about that), but being realistic in stating that it's "cultural" in America to overindulge in whatever smells good, looks good, tastes good, etc and not really care about the detriment it's causing to our health until we get a "wake up call"/health scare.
    Last edited by FaithNPraise; 12-23-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FaithNPraise View Post
    Ditto that (shocked!) - but he did spend most of his formative years in the US and he showed how for the majority of major cities the food temptations are just IN.YOUR.FACE! If he did it in Australia the first thing out of most American's mouths would've been "SMH, great story but it's just not the same here in the US!"
    So aren't Australians saying the same thing when they watch it? If Australians are just as fat as Americans, they're getting the food somehow.

I think it's more of a marketing ploy than anything else. "America as fat nation" has marketing (money) legs. The concept of juicing is not new for Americans.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FaithNPraise View Post

To clarify - I'm totally NOT giving anyone a "pass" to be gluttonous or saying that people are unable to overcome temptations (I actually have very strong opinions about that), but being realistic in stating that it's "cultural" in America to overindulge in whatever smells good, looks good, tastes good, etc and not really care about the detriment it's causing to our health until we get a "wake up call"/health scare.
    I honestly think we need to stop giving a pass to "fat", "addictive eating" and bad nutritional habits. My niece is the only obese person in our family and my crazy sister made her that way. She kept calling me rude when I told her, her only problem was that she was FAT. She actually got up at 4am, strolled around the neighborhood until the breakfast shop opened and brought THREE platters, vs. us getting up and having maybe one bowl of cereal at 9am.

She was like a crack addict when it came to food. But we as a society accept this addiction.
    Instigating and waiting for the REVOLUTION to begin!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The documentary was inspiring. The truck driver looked like a totally different person at the end and he inspired a community and his brother to start juicing.

I was trying to eat more fruits and veggies but I was slacking. My Breville juicer will be delivered next week.

I saw another documentary the other day called Food Matters, Dr. Mercola(frequent guest of Dr. Oz) produced it, it was interesting as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast