Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am excited about 2012! I'll be setting up things for my food service from my location and my flea market homie (the older lady I vend with) she is a real ride or die sister. She just went through eye surgery two days ago and yet she is committed to being there when we open up for coffee sales as a fund raiser for the daycare.

I have two antique furniture pieces to refinish, and one wholesale account and one wholesale connection I need to develop. I had two great online sales and I completed the refinishing of my front door.

Things are moving forward nicely.
    Instigating and waiting for the REVOLUTION to begin!

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Scribetastic
    Excellent! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jorjeni

Hope it works out well for you!!
    Thanks y'all!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slack client finally paid his two due invoices. I've decided to just not count money from him until it's paid. With my other clients, well, they're reliable and always pay promptly. Slacker? Well, yeah. However, I've learned to just treat his payments as icing and not budget money.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

soooooo tired of having to "report" what I've done for this firm every 3 months when it has ZERO affect on my raise and they are earning crazy profit on every hour I bill. So I need to be in business for myself, YES! Yet, nobody is going to trust me with their taxes or finances without a CPA or CGFM and I can't take either of those exams until I get my degree....this is definitely a stop gap I am not setting up shop here, no sir....

If ya'll hear me talking about working for another firm after I've graduated and obtained certifications to be my own boss, come and slap me!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^If you want to start doing taxes, you can do the training courses offered by H & R Block. People don't ask for a CPA for taxes. Heck, the IRS doesn't have CPAs for taxes.

Do you specifically want to be an independent accountant?
    Last edited by chachadiva; 01-06-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taxes don't turn me on...I prefer audit and budget execution and formulation for our federal clients, I would go the independent contractor route....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Business has picked up. That is good. Been working on my website. Not done yet. Will do some more work later. Need to find out when they are having that taxes seminar. It is supposed to be this month at one of the librarys here. Added some more inventory to sell in the salon. I am going to buy on Thursday, another hair poster and a mini fridge. My other mini fridge stopped working. I also want to make my salon more child friendly. So I am going to buy a Childs play table for the waiting room. One of those tables where the toys don't come off but they can still play.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was not expecting to get my commission check so soon!! YIPPEE!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Stylist View Post
    Business has picked up. That is good. Been working on my website. Not done yet. Will do some more work later. Need to find out when they are having that taxes seminar. It is supposed to be this month at one of the librarys here. Added some more inventory to sell in the salon. I am going to buy on Thursday, another hair poster and a mini fridge. My other mini fridge stopped working. I also want to make my salon more child friendly. So I am going to buy a Childs play table for the waiting room. One of those tables where the toys don't come off but they can still play.
    Glad you're getting more business! That's great. I'm sure you're doing this already but encourage them to tell folks about you and get that word of mouth going.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord a Meetup I've scheduled for tomorrow is at capacity. It's 100 with a list of 90 because there are always people who pop up at the last minute wanting to get in, so I wanted some wiggle room for special guests and VIPs. There are over 70 people on the wait list though.

I'm doing it for a couple of reasons: nonprofits is my thing, I just want to save the world, and it does help me get back into the SF scene and network. It's also a good way to put the connections I made while in NYC and elsewhere to work.

However, now I know how a concert promoter feels when an event is sold out and everyone wants to get in! It's a little frustrating because you can tell who is just now checking their email; I announced this event in November. It's also thankless. It's maybe a 5 to 1 ratio of "thank you for organizing this" to the request to get in. I knew it was going to get crazy, so I arranged for it to be live streamed. No one will miss it, but not everyone can attend in person.

Maybe this is how a parent with ungrateful kids feels.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast