Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your trim method alethean? I actually trim in my braids about every 6 months at this point. I used to trim every 3 months when I wore my hair loose more often. Also, it looks like the pic didn't upload.
    ~Live each moment of your life; Laugh just for the hell of it; Love everyone.~

Journey Pics and Fitness Pics at www.public.fotki.com/ImFree2
    MommyHot25 on YouTube

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK! So the list has grown!

MyHairChroniclesCMC
    Suzi_Q
    aliseimbeautiful
    Olahh
    NaturalNewB
    NappilyT
    alethean
    youwillrise

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NappilyT View Post
    What's your trim method alethean? I actually trim in my braids about every 6 months at this point. I used to trim every 3 months when I wore my hair loose more often. Also, it looks like the pic didn't upload.

I trim off the ends of my twists. I don't really have a set schedule; I just do it when the ends look bad to me.

Ugh, the pic didn't upload? It's showing up on my computer, though. Not technologically savvy at all, but I'll try to figure out what went wrong.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in. Wash day was yesterday after not doing a length check since forever, I'm apl. Right now I got 8 twists pinned up and won't take them out until my hair is dry. When I do, I'll take a pic.
    BC: Spring 2000

Suzi_Q is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checking in.. How is everyone so far? I had to stop wearing my hair out, the shedding was driving me nuts. I threw in some mini twist and in my 2nd week of wearing them. I'm going to push for 3 weeks, maybe 4 depending on the fuzz.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had some massive seasonal shedding, too. I've had my hair tucked away in a weave, so I will update in about two weeks when I take it down. I was thinking to trying mini-twists next, but I really don't want my ends rubbing on my shirts/coats. Winter time is rough!

And welcome to the challenge, Padme32

In slightly unrelated news, there is another natural at my workplace now. Her hair is sooooo nice, I want to reach out and touch her hair. So healthy!

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everythings going well ova here. I will do a length check mid to late March.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will like to get in on this challenge. I just had my ends trimmed this month when I wore a roller set. I will try to post a pic.

I've been fully natural since June 2006 and I have never reached BSL, not in the back anyway. My hair grows in layers and I had to get it cut last summer due to my ends needed to be trimmed so bad, it ended up being a cut.

I really don't have a routine, other than wash and go's. I don't wear any protective styling, but I'm thinking about changing this for this challenge. I don't do twists or braids, but I'm thinking of doing what I did when I transitioned and that was fake curly ponytails and goddess braids.

I hoping to reach BSL by the end of the year. I also drink three 8 oz bottles of water a day, in addition to taking multi vitamin and hair, skin and nails vitamin.

The products I currently use in between salon visits are Kinky Curly (entire line), Jane Carter (entire line) and from time to time Mixed chicks (entire line). I find my hair like the organic products alot better.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone tell me how to post a pic? I'm trying to right click copy from my pics files and it's not allowing me to copy and paste the pic here.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I post pics from my fotki album. First you have to upload the pic there, then right click it. Select properties. Copy the address in the properties screen. Come here and select the mountain icon. Paste the url/address in the pop-up box and voila. Your pic should show....preview your post to be sure.

I just got my hair braided in an african hair braiding shop yesterday. They blow-dried my hair, but other than that everything went well and I love the braids. I hope they can last for two months...I will still be washing weekly so I don't know how that'll affect them. I may try washing with a cap on (probably not lol).
    ~Live each moment of your life; Laugh just for the hell of it; Love everyone.~

Journey Pics and Fitness Pics at www.public.fotki.com/ImFree2
    MommyHot25 on YouTube

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast