Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sahha View Post
    The frizz is to be expected the first few months, so I don't think it has anything to do with oil and water that you use for retwisting. Just keep the products light and at a minimum and you will be free of buildup.
    Patience my friend! You will see them thickening and less frizz in no time.
    Ahh, thank you my friend. I appreciate the words of encouragement

2. Likes Sahha liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ChisomNatural, the frizz is just part of having locs. Some people w/ mature locs have frizzy, fluffy locs and some have tight, compact locs. Depends on your hair texture & maintenance methods.

I haven't been in the forum much b/c I've been on Facebook loc'd groups. Lotsa support there. "Real time" responses.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Which loc'd group would that be, on fb?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to join this group. I started my locs the first week of January (2013) and have been relying on this forum and YouTube videos for info / experiences.
    "Your inner beauty never needs make-up."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all... I've been natural for a while and am starting my loc journey tomorrow 3/3/13. Decided to make my way back to Nappturality for some support.
    "Deal with yourself as an individual worthy of respect and make everyone else deal with you the same way." Nikki Giovanni

1st BC: June 2005. Permed again: August 2007. Last perm: July 2008. 2nd BC November 1, 2008. Loc Birthday: 3.3.13. Youtube: LeslieMartina.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been natural since 2008. just started my Loc Journey 7/16/13. I need a buddy!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ @ms_cupcake I started my loc journey on 8/24/13 I need a loc buddy as well!
    learning 2 love life and all its damn surprises!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started my 3rd set of locs last night, will probably be done by Saturday....but I'm really hoping to be done by Friday night. My mom is helping me this time, because I decided to start with braids instead of finger-coils because I love to wash and rinse my hair, and I want clean parting instead of organic/grab-n-go sections like last time (I didn't have a problem with the look of organic parting, I just got sick of having to pop them apart before re-twisting!). I also made them smaller than last time- because I have such thick, dense hair, I will probably end up with 200+ pencil sized locs as opposed to the 117 big pencil sized locs I had before.
    Loose hair is just not for me in this stage of my life- it's been less than 6 months since I took down my 2nd set, which was almost 5 years old. I feel that I learned a lot (especially what NOT to do), and will be able to enjoy the journey MORE since I know that a gorgeous, head full of velvety locs await me.
    Loc journey began: 10/14
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CurlieLocs/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started on 7/17/2013, with braidlocs, My question is that I interlock and I notice that during my rotations I must not have pulled tight enough coming through and I have about 3 knots just slightly bigger than my buds, in fact, I thought they were buds at first, I tried to unravel one, and lost that lock. Should I just leave them alone and see if the will mesh into the lock, or should I try to take them out and risk losing the locks?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galeb View Post
    I started on 7/17/2013, with braidlocs, My question is that I interlock and I notice that during my rotations I must not have pulled tight enough coming through and I have about 3 knots just slightly bigger than my buds, in fact, I thought they were buds at first, I tried to unravel one, and lost that lock. Should I just leave them alone and see if the will mesh into the lock, or should I try to take them out and risk losing the locks?
    I'd leave it, it'll probably condense down to about the same size as the loc anyways. And especially since you already lost one trying to undo it.
    Loc journey began: 10/14
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CurlieLocs/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast