Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Resisting Big Chop

My daughter cut her hand and can't do her hair...so she went to her job training program like this. They told her this hairstyle will not help her find a job. Ahhhhhh she would like to protest cause this is "natural", so she wants to know what Nappturality says.
    Instigating and waiting for the REVOLUTION to begin!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your daughter is really pretty. And she has a gorgeous head of hair.

But a) she's not natural, obviously there's some perm or press going on there

and b) "natural" and "ungroomed" aren't synonymous.

I hope she starts taking her job training program more seriously--a professional appearance can be important.

Bet she had a good time winding you up about this.

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww she's pretty and I love her hair, wild and all. But uh...can't you put her hair in a ponytail for her? Realtalk--that's not professional.
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't stop laughing when she got home...she can't bend her hand and I don't "do" hair...she said they were calling her Edward Scissorhands...

on the serious side, she is getting some good help at this program and says she likes the staff

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously?

i'll leave it at that that.

yeah ok i wish her luck on her protest. cant wait to read the resulting threads on the topic

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom doesn't "do" hair, but I would really hope that if it came to me looking professional for a job, she would at least pull it back into a ponytail for me. I can't believe she actually went out like this thinking it was professional.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ebonyquean4u View Post
    My mom doesn't "do" hair, but I would really hope that if it came to me looking professional for a job, she would at least pull it back into a ponytail for me. I can't believe she actually went out like this thinking it was professional.
    don't worry...un-bunch-panties...it was one of those job readiness programs. She wasn't in training for a job.

but I still don't "do" hair...I'm actually on the radical side of whats okay for Black hair and basically as a dread, I'm NOT gonna draw the line that someone can't wear their hair wild or unkempt and not be considered "professional"...right now i have on a stained gray t-shirt and skin tight yoga pants been washed too many times and it's my 12 years experience that makes me a professional NOT my hair or dress.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the thing is no matter how many years experience you may have, most people in a position to hire others will not hire someone who looks like they dont give a crap.

on interviews the idea is to put your best foot forward and send a good impression. true, an old dirty tee shirt probably has very little bearing on if someone can or cant do the job BUT if an interviewie looks like they dont give a crap then people are going to ask themselves what else don't they give a crap about? possibly the job?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOLzilla View Post
    well the thing is no matter how many years experience you may have, most people in a position to hire others will not hire someone who looks like they dont give a crap.

on interviews the idea is to put your best foot forward and send a good impression. true, an old dirty tee shirt probably has very little bearing on if someone can or cant do the job BUT if an interviewie looks like they dont give a crap then people are going to ask themselves what else don't they give a crap about? possibly the job?
    LOLz, I get you and know thats what our momma's told us but this is a new world order and I'm seeing too many folks not getting the job, and too many unqualified in jobs...so who really knows peoples rationale...do I think EVERY WHITE PERSON with a job looked better than every other applicant that applied...nope

I say stop looking for someone to give you a job based on your hair doing and shopping skills and CREATE a job.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But...but...ALL you have to do is scoop it into a hair scrunchy! That's barely doing anything at all! It's not like she has natural hair and a ponytail might be a struggle! It's straight!
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast