Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Hello, I have read these pages and searched the galleries and can only find a few pictures of people who's hair looks similar to mine. According to the hair types chart, my hair type doesn't exist. I'd probably be a type 4c or something. :shock

I read the messages about how some of you say you have nappy hair. Then I look at your picture and think, "That's not even close to being what I would call nappy." Almost all of the pictures I see on here are people with hair that I dream about. :huh

I'm sorry to sound like such a downer, but living with my hair has not been fun. I've had beauticians get mad at my hair because it does not do what they think it is supposed to do. I've had too many burns, thin edges, and bald spots over the years. So after finally getting my hair to grow back all over my scalp, I did the big chop :cen on May 12 down to 1/2 inch and wore hats until a few days ago because my husband confiscated my hat. He says I look incredible with my natural short hair. :amour But, of course I figure he is just tired of all the drama about my hair over the years.

If anyone would like to direct me to some pictures of people with extreme kinky, super kinky, or the nappiest of hair, please do so. I would be so grateful to find other people who have my hair type and wearing it natural.

Thanks in advance! :rainfro

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

girl, im sure somebody in NP land has hair similar to urs....however, dont focus on ur hair not doing what other people's hair does, focus on the beauty and versatility of urs! Nappy hair is beautiful hair!

celine Guest

Peek at this page: Growafrohairlong. It will help you determine your hair type, the adapted combing method, and which material you must have or avoid for your hair cares.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine doesn't fit into any of those charts either! I don't even have a "curl pattern" to look for, lol. You can check out my album. I have some texture shots here in my October 2003 album: http://public.fotki.com/shan2001/hair/year...ate/nappy2.html

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone! Checking out sites now!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shanna! That's it! That's my hair! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :app

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Realkinks@Jul 16 2004, 03:08 PM
    According to the hair types chart, my hair type doesn't exist. I'd probably be a type 4c or something.
    I'm sorry to sound like such a downer, but living with my hair has not been fun.
    I was so happy you mentioned this because some people do have type 4C hair and it is not on the hair type charts. I think type 4C hair is the most challenging hair type to go natural with. Most people just don’t understand what it feels like to have type 4C hair, but for some reason I do . Locs, braids and twas are good choices. Hang in there! God is creative. He doesn’t want everyone to look the same, be the same or have the same type of hair. Remember the journey isn’t easy, but you will have a safe landing. Hang in there with your hair!
    Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That texture sounds like the sides of my hair (I have 3 different textures up there). I'm sure you can find others w/ a similar texture. Either way you'll find lots of great info on the site.

Congrats on your BC
    glamazini.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Realkinks@Jul 16 2004, 07:47 PM
    Shanna! That's it! That's my hair! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :app
    Lol, I had a feeling our hair might be similar from your description! :bis I think one of the last times I had a full-blown salon relaxer, the stylist was grumbling that the perm didn't take and then burnt me up even more with a hot comb!! ops:

Don't be discouraged though! I know it gets tough, but you have to keep experimenting and trying things until you find a routine that works for you! For me it's the less manipulation, the better! I need to do styles that last at least 3-4 days. But a good thing about my hair is that if I leave it in a puff all day, and at night, i take the band off, but don't do it anything else to it, all I have to do in the morning is put the band right back on. The puff will be a little flatter, but with my density, it never gets pancake-flat.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for your support.

I have been doing the no-shampoo when needed, and I use natural mixtures like olive, shea butter, jojoba, etc... The no-drip S-curl moisturizer keeps my hair soft during the day. I did try the glycerin in water and it worked well also. I use Cream of Nature Shampoo and Dark & Lovely Naturally Sensations when my scalp gets itchy. I also deep condition various products.

Prettynappy, I love that quote you have in your signature.

Shanna, do you have your haircare routine documented anywhere? I don't have time to search your site for it just now, but I will look over the weekend.

Thanks again everyone! :bis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast