Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ceramides Challenge 2012: That ish works!

I decided to start another challenge just cause. I love me some ceramides and like I said in the other thread I have seen nothing but greatness.

so hop on board the ceramide bandwagon, next stop: beautiful and healthy hair.

i'm still using my little mix. i have have made so many bottles of it i'm good for the whole year.

my mix consists of: safflower, sunflower, grapeseed and walnut oil. i use it twice a day. if i don't do anything else with my hair i make sure i oil my hair with the mix. and cover my hair with a damn bonnet at night. lol.

there really are no rules to the challenge. just tell us what you are using and how its working for you. thats all. real simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you expound on what the difference in your hair the ceramides have made?

Thanks.

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the blog. It says that natural undamaged hair absorbed only 18% of the ceramide. That is great news to me because I would need less on my hair and to use it less frequently. I will get a small bottle of wheat germ, I had some grapeseed oil but I used it all up. That means we have to do waaay less patch work than chemically and color treated hair.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too am interested in knowing what differences the ceramides have made in your hair...

I read the previous thread just to see what the fuss was all about and was pleasantly surprised to see that three of my favorite protein treatments (Joico K-Pak, Nexxus KeraPhix, Redken Extreme Anti-Snap) are on the list. But these days I only do protein treatments once a month. If undamaged natural hair only absorbs 18% of the ceramide, maybe once a month is all I need?

When I get paid next month maybe I'll pick up a bottle of grapeseed oil and add it to my current oil mix to see if that does anything.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'll chime in!

@micheli: expounding begins!

I cosign afroknots! Use of ceramides have done wonders for the strength and quality of my hair. I decided to use ceramides after reading her posts, as well as posts my niece [nasdaq diva] made on the subject maybe two years ago.

I'd lost all my hair due to chemo treatments almost two years prior, so I was interested in ways to nurse my new hair as it grew back in. So....I did read [and reread] the first ceramide thread. I decided to use sunflower oil mixed with my usual oils [Vatika and/or jojoba] in my deep conditioner and sealing oils.

Result: I went from maybe 4"-6" in Aug 2010...to a little over 13" now. My hairdresser has commented on how much stronger my hair is now than it was before. Now...do I know what the length and health of my hair would have been w/out ceramides? I don't. *shrugs* All I know is that on my hair, in the time I've been using ceramides, I've seen only positive benefits....lessened shedding and breakage.

ETA: I added 6" to the length span back in 2010. I did not want to mislead anyone as to the length when I started using ceramides.
    Last edited by OHR; 01-23-2012 at 01:02 AM. Reason: spelling and add length measurement

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    I too am interested in knowing what differences the ceramides have made in your hair...

I read the previous thread just to see what the fuss was all about and was pleasantly surprised to see that three of my favorite protein treatments (Joico K-Pak, Nexxus KeraPhix, Redken Extreme Anti-Snap)
    Interesting. I've used this for years. Nowadays, I forget to put it on my hair. But I've always loved it.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, OHR. That was very helpful. I don't think I'll wait until payday...I think I'll pick up a bottle of sunflower oil tomorrow. The fact that it's paleo-approved (for cooking) is also a plus.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome, LBell.

Oh, lest I forget, you might want to look around your nearby Marshalls or TJMaxx store gourmet sections...you might be able to get your ceramide oils for less there...Marshalls is where I got my 500ml of sunflower oil for $5.99 in 2010. All oils have a expiration date, so make sure you only buy the amount that you know you'll use.
    Last edited by OHR; 01-22-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm, I was on the ceramide bandwagon for a while, before finances forced me off. But nothing else made my hair so strong and healthy. I'll have to go back to them.
    ~Sanity is Subversive~

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities~ Voltaire

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds interesting, I may have to hop on the bandwagon!
    I joined in 2004. I had my 4th BC (and final one ) on Oct. 24, 2011. My hair is 4a-z. I work with my hair, not against it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast