This,

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
I can say that I have learned '40 is not the new 20' for me. To me such phrases continues our cultures obsession with being young and worshipping at the culture of deaging as much as possible. Hence I try to stop thinking 'X looks great for 40, 50 or 60 etc ' after all what is a 40, 50 or 60 year old X supposed to look like, who sets these age visual standards - The International Council of Human Aging?
I have no desire to be 20 again... .
and this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockolatte View Post
1. I've learned that I have to live my life without the approval of others. Overthinking and obsessing about what others think of how you are living your life is a waste of time.
2. You never know where life will lead you. Being willing to take chances can open up great opportunities.
3. Live within your means and you will be happier and less stressed out.
4. Don't believe all the generalizations about getting older.
And I will add that I have learned that it's never too late to learn something new and take on a new challenge. Right now I'm a stay-at-home-mom who works at home part time. I'm moving into the next phase of my life and I've decided to make a total career change from my former corporate roots and pursue what I love.