Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Now that you're 40 plus...what changes are there to your hair ?

I'm 40, been on this board since I was 26! The greys around my hairline and in the middle of my crown are rampant! I'm using henna and indigo every 2 months or so. Messy, but it works for me.

2. Likes KnottyAuthor, tjolims liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The grey. I fought for a while, but have decided to just let it do what it wants.

4. Likes KnottyAuthor, naturalsystah liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed my hair is becoming drier and needs more product! I've started to use heavier ingredients. I haven't noticed any thinning or slowing of growth though.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

6. Likes KnottyAuthor, naturalsystah liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm almost 40 (I'm 3 and the facial hair is growing at lightening speed and quantity. Sigh.
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

8. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I last posted I too have had to keep an eye on the facial hair. So far I only am getting a few strands and they are all on the left side of my jawline. Normally I pluck them but this past summer I forgot about them and they all grew quite long so I ended up taking a razor to them, which worked quite well. Thing is, you have to get up on me to really see them...which is one of the many benefits of being dark-skinned and having relatively little body hair.

Regarding the hair on the top of my head: The thinning seems to have stopped but the silver hairs are slowly multiplying. I love them and look forward to having more. Unfortunately I have to scrutinize the back more closely because it's getting harder to tell whether that light speck is lint.

I have been cutting my hair progressively shorter in the last couple of years, mainly because I do WNGs exclusively and they're easier with shorter hair.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

10. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha, i keep a razor comb on hand for that...first there were 3, then 4, then 5....6 now i think.

More streaks of wisdom and badges of survival(whiskers). The grays do what they want, i moisturize my hair less now than with my first set of locks when I was younger. Only RoseWater. Interesting to research the differences bt loose and locks as we age...
    Last edited by KnottyAuthor; 11-24-2016 at 04:32 PM.

12. Likes LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I turned 46 in October!!
    I have silver hairs popping up in my hairline like crazy. I've been coloring them, but I think when they take over I will give it up. I think if I decided to restart my locks, that will be a good time to let the grey take over if there is enough of it. I cannot tell if my hair is drier, because it has always been bone dry. It is still growing fine.

Now about other things age related...I have 1 silver hair in each eyebrow, lol! I earned those at work. I do have hot flashes in phases and they don't seem to be full blast like other people describe. For the past month, I haven't been having any (thank the Lord.) I am not a hairy person, but I do notice that I have a light 'stache that I never noticed before, lol.

14. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234