Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^
    Is it like Rogaine in that you have to continue to use it, or you will lose the hair again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have heard of Jamaican castor oil. Anyone have experience with this and hair growth?

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a recent BGLH article written by Jc (British scientist now based in the Netherlands) of The Natural Haven. I trust her opinion since she always backs it up with scientific data.

Does Castor Oil Increase Hair Thickness and Rejuvenate Edges?

Since I'm wearing mini-twists right now, I can really see my thinning top. Like OHR, I'm placing my twists in a way that helps camouflage it: think "combover" but not quite.

I also agree with straightnochaser regarding making sure your iron and thyroid games are on point.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    Since I'm wearing mini-twists right now, I can really see my thinning top. Like OHR, I'm placing my twists in a way that helps camouflage it: think "combover" but not quite.
    ^I just styled my hair in a flattwist updo with two strands up top....I have to be strategic in how I style the top. I have a lot of hair still, but like it or not, my thin crown will NOT be denied! *kicks can and a possum*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went through hair thinning a few years ago. I echo the keeping your iron/thyroid levels in check.

I also hennaed my hair a couple of times a year to give my strands the appearance and feel of thicker of hair. My hair appears to have rebounded back from the thinning and seems almost as dense as ever.

Family history:
    My mother is dealing with balding, she relaxes, colours, weaves, and the meds she takes for high blood pressure cause hair loss. My grandmother pressed her hair and occasionally coloured and had a full head of hair all of her life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12