Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a visual of Veviticus grabbing a permie by the hair. LOL I bet she won't forget that!
    12th year of freedom

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
    YES YES YES!!!
    I have done the above. Without asking, some so-called friend ROUGHLY raked her hands through my locks asking "How you get yo hair like THAT?"
    And honey, honey...when I finished raking my hands through her stringy, greasy perm (before she could react and knock my hand away)...for that split second, I MADE it my goal in life to make sure that her joint was jacked UP!! I then asked her, "how did you get YOUR hair like THAT??
    Her stringy strands stood up all over her head every which way, like it was hailing for a taxi.
    And the BEST part about this is that after her hands left my hair, my locks fell right back in place!
    Why have I not thought of this??? That whole image made me happy, rofl

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    A lady at my church no longer grabs my locs commenting 'what's this'? After I grabbed her hair and pulled her head back and asked the same question, my locs are no longer assaulted. Not nice but effective.

I really need to keep this in mind next time someone tries to feel my scalp uninvited.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going through the same situation in school. I just take it as what theyre not used to seeing. thats why I give the same response and keep it moving.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I had my first baby, I HAD TO TAKE A STAND to be my child's defender and advocate. There is nothing like motherhood to bring out the beast in you when it comes to your children, which will spill over into taking a stand for yourself when necessary.
    ^^This is one of the VERY few regrets I have about not having kids. I've always wondered how much more of a backbone I would have gained had I had children.

I am not a mean person, but when stuff like this happens, the first thing to enter my mind is that these people who do this type of stuff KNOW that they are wrong.
    So if they are going to be bold enough cross that line with me, I'm going to be bold enough to help them face the results of their actions. Maybe the next time they will think twice.
    Co-signing...I have always been nonconfrontational but especially since entering my mid-40s I've gotten a lot better at checking people when they need to be checked.

I've said before that a lot of why I don't get a lot of rudeness about my hair has to do with where I live and who I'm around. Just being real...if I were still living in the south suburbs of Chicago I know for a FACT I'd be getting a lot more flak.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnehdai View Post
    I take care of my hair different than most people.Even different than most naturals, which is fine. And granted, while most of my friends don't bug me about it, recently it has become a frequent topic in conversations. It usually comes out of nowhere,comments like
    "You don't do nothing to your hair."
    "You have so much potential, you should straighten it"
    "I'm gonna have to brush your hair for you one day"
    "What is this? ahahha (as said person rummages around my hair.)"

And I know recently I have hands in my hair most of my time, because frankly, natural hair feels awesome. It amazes me to know I have these millions of tiny coffee stirrer slinkies over my head. And since it's longer than before, I can actually appreciate how cool my hair is. Even though it still lays half an inch on top of my head (because I have a strict no combing and heat regimen) , the year of healthy hair care has made it grow to around 4,5,6 inches.

I love my hair, and obviously, I don't let comments get in the way of me loving my hair, because I accept who I am and who I am not and what God gave me as attributes I should cherish and love. BUT,what I don't understand is, why do people find the need to huff and puff about my hair, when they do the same straight hair look every single day. If they can do it and noone bothers them, why can't I? The whole situation is starting to annoy me, and while I do find it awesome how some of my friends want to play with my hair and stuff, I think I'm starting to let those snippy comments annoy da heck out of me, thus making me become strict and no-play about my natural hair, when I don't want to do that.
    I applaud you for being proud no matter what. Your hair is about YOU. People are just used to things being a certain way and are having a hard time changing. Trying to erase years of brainwashing is very hard. It's important that you stay true to yourself.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crakdpot View Post
    Why have I not thought of this??? That whole image made me happy, rofl
    This is hilarious.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES YES YES!!!
    I have done the above. Without asking, some so-called friend ROUGHLY raked her hands through my locks asking "How you get yo hair like THAT?"
    And honey, honey...when I finished raking my hands through her stringy, greasy perm (before she could react and knock my hand away)...for that split second, I MADE it my goal in life to make sure that her joint was jacked UP!! I then asked her, "how did you get YOUR hair like THAT??
    Her stringy strands stood up all over her head every which way, like it was hailing for a taxi.
    And the BEST part about this is that after her hands left my hair, my locks fell right back in place!
    This made me smile.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im the only molester of my hair. I guess its not touchably delightful.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ladies, I know its annoying to have people touch your hair, but be careful about reaching for theirs. People are walking around half-hinged these days. They shoot over the dumbest things.
    At this point in my life, I just give the naysayers with a look that says, 'Its really not a good idea to pursue this further'. They keep their opinions to themselves.
    Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.
    - George Bernard Shaw

How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
    - William Shakespeare

You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without victims.
    - Harriet Woods

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast