Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Linsanity is smoking out the racists: Jenny Hyun

News about this story hit me on Facebook. I know it will find its way here eventually. She's not a celeb. I don't want to put this in culture because it's negative and insulting. Wait...NAPPActivism.

Jenny Hyun, a Korean-American raised in California who is now an NYC-based songwriter, responded to Mayweather's stupid comment about Lin. Instead of, however, going after Mayweather for being a racist dunce she showed her own racist stripes.

Here is a good summary of her foolishness. It has a screen shot of her MANY racist tweets. What she said was just disgusting. Now ol' girl has checked herself into a hospital and is claiming she's crazy. Crazy is ONE tweet. This woman was on a ROLL.

There is a petition if you're so inclined. I definitely signed it.

I have to say that what I'm hoping for is a video reply from David So on this one.
    Last edited by Scribetastic; 02-20-2012 at 02:22 PM. Reason: got some facts wrong: she's not a Korean national but is Korean-American
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...this chick spewed hatred like a water fountain. Someone said these comments made Hitler look nice. *smh*
    DNA's double helix design - ingenious.
    A spring coil's power & momentum - amazing.
    The gift of nappy hair.....see a pattern emerging? :-)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read this over at Racialicious and wow

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read this before I fell asleep and had dreams about it. Not cool.
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karibana View Post
    Just read this over at Racialicious and wow
    I remember when I was in the blogging trenches, Racialicious would sometimes link to me when I was dealing with racial topics. I'll add the link in my initial post.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she has a case for temporary insanity. Not because she's NOT racist, but because only an insane idiot would put it out there for all the world to see to this degree.

Mayweather tweeted, "Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise."
    As for the Mayweather, the guy who sparked her racist tirade, he must be living under a dang rock. We're in the middle of Black History Month, a month in which we, as African Americans take great delight in pointing out the accomplishments of our people in this country — many of whom are deemed extra special because they were the FIRST AA to excell in a particular field or something to that effect.

Shoot Barack Obama is a PRIME example. So using Mayweather's logic, just because there were 43 WHITE presidents before Obama, then we as a nation shouldn't celebrate the fact that he's the first person of African decent to hold the office? And, I'm sure this has been suggested all over the place by some hatin' white folks. Well we all know that wouldn't/doesn't fly with us, so Mayweather needs to go sit his azz down somewhere quick, fast and in a hurry.

In my opinion, it's always exciting when a minority of any hue excels and garners attention in areas that are dominated by others. Not so long ago, black folks were getting this kind of attention as being the first to do whatever in the NBA. Remember, we weren't always the majority player on the court. So I think it's cool that Lin is getting recognition for leading his team and being the first Asian American in a sport that is now dominated by so many gifted and talented black men to do so. Good for him!

And oh, Jenny Hyun unfortunately imploded. Lawd, I can't even be mad. All I can do is SMDH. Po thang.
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 02-20-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Napia Mia View Post
    I think she has a case for temporary insanity. Not because she's NOT racist, but because only an insane idiot would put it out there for all the world to see to this degree.
    Well, you're right about the insane idiot part.

This is exactly what we were talking about in that other thread. The social media version of foot in mouth disease. Ol' girl I guess thought she was having dinner with her racist friends or family at home where no one outside of her circle would hear this mess. Too bad for her there is a thing called a screen capture.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, I don't follow basketball or boxing so nope didn't even know who the major players in this story line were until this post or my little bit of google research. Ran across a good article on Huffington post which helped me gain a little more knowledge about these folks.

Seem Mayweather is simply an A-Hole and so Miss Hyun need not have wasted her time and energy reacting to anything said by him. According a story on Huffington Post he's infamous for his stupid comments...

Mayweather, who will begin a 90-day jail sentence on June 1 for a domestic violence case, has drawn criticism for injecting race into conflicts previously. Back in 2010, he went on a racist and homophobic rant about boxer Manny Pacquiao on USTREAM.

Mayweather isn't alone in igniting controversies involving Jeremy Lin on Twitter. Following Lin's phenomenal performance against the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday night, in which he out-scored Kobe Bryant with 38 points, Jason Whitlock of FOX Sports drew widespread criticism for a tweet alluding to a racist stereotype about Asian men.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1274832.html

Seems, he too is trying to apologize his way out from under his tweeted stupidity.

After the Asian American Journalists Association called for an apology from Whitlock, he delivered one on Sunday.
    I get Linsanity. I've cried watching Tiger Woods win a major golf championship. Jeremy Lin, for now, is the Tiger Woods of the NBA. I suspect Lin makes Asian Americans feel the way I feel when I watch Tiger play golf.

I should've realized that Friday night when I watched Lin torch the Lakers. For Asian Americans and a lot of sports fans, his nationally televised 38-point outburst was the equivalent of Tiger's first victory in The Masters. I got caught up in the excitement. I tweeted about what a great story Lin is and how he could rival Tim Tebow.

I then gave in to another part of my personality -- my immature, sophomoric, comedic nature. It's been with me since birth, a gift from my mother and honed as a child listening to my godmother's Richard Pryor albums. I still want to be a standup comedian.

The couple-inches-of-pain tweet overshadowed my sincere celebration of Lin's performance and the irony that the stereotype applies to pot-bellied, overweight male sports writers, too. As the Asian American Journalist Association pointed out, I debased a feel-good sports moment. For that, I'm truly sorry.
    Really, another example of people using social media to get themselves in trouble. Jeeze!
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 02-20-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is...what Mayweather said is actually true. However, what he said wasn't racist.

In the real world, basketball is seem as a Black dominated sport. When a white guy comes up like that, he get some attention also. But when an Asian person does it, it's just a bigger "oddity" since Asians don't have the sport stereotype.
    Last edited by chachadiva; 02-20-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast