Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Water only washing...?

Hello Everyone,
    Since last November I've been using water only in my hair.
    Before getting to that point, I had been using Hairgasm products for about 8 or 9 months. I loved how my hair became but it was so expensive so I started looking for alternatives.
    After hearing about Terresentials, I looked at the ingredients and made something similar with bentonite clay. Wow, didn't even need conditioner with it. Concerned about my plumbing, I started cutting back and just water washing in between and thats how it started.

At first, I water washed daily but now I know it isn't neccessary. I see where some one in another forum is starting her 3rd week (I think)and has only washed a few times and is happy. I washed so much my hair was starting to feel stripped. I'm now trying to wash no more than twice a week.

Cons:I've heard that people who go cold turkey have itch, smell and heavy sebum problems. (I was already detoxed so I had none of those problems)

Pros: Super soft, manageability, elasticity and super cheap.

Each hair strand, being fully coated in the oil that was individually designed for it, is a whole 'nutha beautiful thang!

Because of age and health, I'm thinking it will be a miracle if my hair comes back but at least I am finally enjoying it fully. Who knew it just needed it's own special oil to behave like this?
    Maybe this would be an option for people with scalp problem. No manmade irritants to worry about. We use well water. I don't know if it matters but I've heard some had problems with hard water.

I posted a few pics in my 2012 album of from how it looked in January. It's pretty much the same now. I finally stopped wearing knot outs everyday and put in my trail braids this week.
    Anyway I hope this is helpful to someone as it has changed my life for the way better.

*This is a copy of my post on Cnappymenow and thought it might be helpful here. Don't know if it is a repeat of another thread but I did not find one.
    Blessings
    oops Didn't realize signature was gone..

http://public.fotki.com/Siriushare/
    Last edited by Siriushair; 03-06-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: add link
    Love is The Key

Beginning my hair journal Siriusly :)
    http://public.fotki.com/Siriushare

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....is gross.

scalp is skin and hair can trap dirt and smells. i personally consider consistent head and hair washing with just water only to be on the same hygiene level as washing the rest of my body with just water. maybe i can get away with it for a day or so if it's an emergency, but long term

i've known a few people who do this and i think they can't smell what's going on atop their heads because they're envelopped in it. but trust me after awhile they're heads started to smell like a bag of oniony cheetos after a couple of weeks of water only washing

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did this when my hair was just starting to grow back, when it was brush waves.....i alternated with co-washing tho. it was cool.

i like rinsing with just water periodically, but i think i just like using products, lol.

also, you will get this "natural" smell. it's not funky. it's just "natural" which may or may not be appealing......

it's kind of weird to have your hair not smelling like berries or whatever. LOL. i'm back to co-washing and acv right now. also, when my hair gets longer, and i have to bun it, water only will be a no go. (long thick wet hair??? MILDEW) perhaps if it was allowed to breathe.............

But i did read up on this and they say you are supposed to brush your hair with a boar's brush to get debris out and use water.....Like the brush is supposed to help cleanse...........idk lol
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoilyHairedBeauty View Post
    i did this when my hair was just starting to grow back, when it was brush waves.....i alternated with co-washing tho. it was cool.

i like rinsing with just water periodically, but i think i just like using products, lol.

also, you will get this "natural" smell. it's not funky. it's just "natural" which may or may not be appealing......

it's kind of weird to have your hair not smelling like berries or whatever. LOL. i'm back to co-washing and acv right now. also, when my hair gets longer, and i have to bun it, water only will be a no go. (long thick wet hair??? MILDEW) perhaps if it was allowed to breathe.............

But i did read up on this and they say you are supposed to brush your hair with a boar's brush to get debris out and use water.....Like the brush is supposed to help cleanse...........idk lol
    Exactly! I should add I live in the country so no smog.
    I use a fine tooth comb when needed - I hate using the brush... but maybe in time...

Another Con: Kinda boring cause now it's just hair and pretty much does what I want it to do.

Thank you
    Love is The Key

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@galaxygirl
    I told people I've been trying out scentless products(which is true)as an excuse for head checks and so far they say they don't smell anthing - nuetral.. When it's wet it does smell like a wool sweater but not like a barnyard sheep.. I think product build up causes those problems just like soap scum build up on your bath tub.

I know this isn't for everyone and unless you actually go through a slow detox with natural products, you'll probably get a chemical rebound that will kick your butt.
    I tried this years ago cold turkey and came away with the same feelings you have now.

I miss shampooing, the bubbles, the smell etc. I use a little rose water in my spray bottle occasionally for the pleasure.
    I do plan to shampoo occasionally when I feel like want a bubble blast but so far I'm OK.

Thank you for your feedback

*sorry conn problems keep kicking me out.
    Last edited by Siriushair; 03-06-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    Love is The Key

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Siriushair View Post
    When it's wet it does smell like a wool sweater but not like a barnyard sheep..

hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love this analogy!!!!!!!! it is sooooo perfect!
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Water only washing...?

پانی سے صرف بال دھونے والا شیمپو؟

جی ہاں، پانی سے صرف بال دھونے والا شیمپو موجود ہے۔ اس کو "واٹر اونلی واشنگ" یا "واٹر اونلی شیمپو" کہتے ہیں۔ یہ شیمپو بالوں کو صاف کرنے اور دھونے کے لئے بنایا جاتا ہے بغیر کسی معمولی شیمپو کے مواد کے استعمال کے بغیر۔ اس میں کمیکلس، صابن، سلفیٹس اور پارابینس کی کمی ہوتی ہے جو بعض اوقات بالوں کو نقصان پہنچا سکتے ہیں۔

واٹر اونلی واشنگ شیمپو معمولی شیمپو کے مقابلے میں زیادہ نرم اور بالوں کو خوبصورتی سے چمکدار بناتا ہے۔ اس کے استعمال سے بالوں کا طبعی تیل بچتا ہے اور بالوں کی روشنی بہتر ہوتی ہے۔ یہ خصوصاً سوکھے بالوں کے لئے اہم ہوتا ہے جو معمولی شیمپو سے خشک ہو جاتے ہیں۔

واٹر اونلی واشنگ شیمپو کا استعمال بالوں کی صحت کے لئے مفید ہوتا ہے، اور یہ بالوں کو صاف کرنے اور ان کی حفاظت کے لحاظ سے ایک موزوں اور صحیح طریقہ ہوتا ہے۔

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl2012 View Post
    ....is gross.
    I think that is an exaggeration and sweeping generalization based on limited encounters/experience w/ a few individuals.

I only water rinse and rosemary tea rinse. Rosemary has antifungal properties. I think my hair is a bit thick and wooly not to you some sort of antiseptic. I mean, if I was a parasite... my warm scalp would be a great place to live.

Honestly, if I lived in the woods and bathed in a stream every day, I don't think I'd be "gross". I'd smell earthy or like my natural self, but you *can* get clean with jsut water. How do you sterilize something? Boil It in Water. My skin doesn't need to be sterile, just rinsed clean. There's a difference. Our bodies need healthy bacteria to survive.
    Modern conventions have your mind twisted if you think hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap are doing you any favors.

Tons of youtube vids on folks with all types of texture hair that only use water. Links to (turn the volume down); two channels that put me onto this community.

All these soaps made in the lab smelling of fruit, herbs etc... are based on natural scents and trying to mimic benefits of natural substances for a reason. Items found in nature are effective. That includes water - we all know about those lotions and creams and shampoos and conditioners that claim to be "hydrating". Water does the trick for free.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is a reason our ancestors invented soap for the body and hair cos other humans smelt funky...
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    I think there is a reason our ancestors invented soap for the body and hair cos other humans smelt funky...
    lol.. read the book "Dirt" by Terrence Mclaughlin. Those people who discovered soap didn't even use water cause they thought only pagans washed themselves, lol. Inventing soap saved their lives.

Of course we need soap! Just, IMHO, not everyday on our heads.
    Thanks
    Love is The Key

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast